Technical Fiat 500madness go pedal

Currently reading:
Technical Fiat 500madness go pedal

kona2000

Just got my 500 Madness Go Pedal installed on my 500X Lounge model with automatic transmission. I already have Go Pedals on my 2012 500 Pop and 2013 500 Abarth (both manual transmissions) and love it on those cars so I knew I would want one on this car as well. I love my 500X but didn't feel it was quite as responsive when I pressed on the gas pedal as I would like. Once the car gets going it is fine but it just seemed a little sluggish from the start. The Go Pedal has taken care of that! When I press on the gas pedal my 500X jumps to it just like my other two Fiats! This is the best investment you can make for 299.00 to improve the "performance" of your Fiat in my opinion. I was considering a cold air intake and a cat back exhaust but I think the Go Pedal is going to be good enough on its own. Love it!

What is a Go Pedal option? Where does it fit? What does it do?

On your computer you can google 500 Madness or Fiat 500 Madness and the website should come up. They have the Go Pedal in American and European versions for all the Fiat cars for sure and some Jeeps as well. It plugs in under the gas pedal and there are detailed instructions with the unit as well as video installation instruction should you wish to install it yourself. It basically just increases the throttle response from the factory pre-sets and there are different options. There is an eco option which actually helps you get better gas mileage and the most aggressive is red (for race) which really makes your car take off when you press the gas pedal. It isn't affecting anything with the engine so there is no worry about problems with warranty. I actually had the guys at my local Fiat dealership service department put mine in for me. 500 Madness actually has a good relationship with Fiat and Chrysler. Get to the website and select the shop option and then your car and go to performance and then electronics. I think there is a search option and you could just type in Go Pedal and it would probably come up. Read the consumer reviews. Everyone loves it. You could probably email 500 madness as well to get more information.
I really do love it on all three of my cars. It makes a big difference.
If there is any other information I can provide just let me know.

What is a Go Pedal option? Where does it fit? What does it do?

It's a bit of electronic "snake oil" that connects between the sensor on the throttle body and the ECU. It modifies the output of the pedal. Simple ones just compress (linear gain) the range of movement so 1/4 throttle is something like 1/3. More sophisticated ones can vary the change depending on the pedal position (non-linear gain).
Fundamentally they cannot make the car respond in any way that can't be done with your right foot. It certainly does not produce more power. $300 is a lot for a $5 PIC, a loom and a box!
https://outbackjoe.com/macho-divertissement/macho-articles/sprint-booster-is-it-worth-it/

If you get one, don't forget to tell your insurance company. If the go-pedal fails it can cause your throttle to "stick" or go to full throttle. If that happens and you haven't told them you can expect to have some big bills.

Last edited:
We may find that Fiat do a modification (software update) at some point in time to the Mood Dial. I find the Auto/Standard mode to be a little too lethargic for my liking. Great for pottering around town in traffic but for normal open road and motorway driving it is just too dull. To get any reasonable response you really have to press the accelerator pedal down and when towing this makes one think that you are overloading the engine which you are not. Auto Mode just needs a modest uplift.

Sport Mode is where my dial lives and to make that perfect then all Fiat need to does is just slightly dampen the bottom end as it tends to be a little too lively and can catch one out when changing/wearing different weights and feels of shoes.

I don't really see the point. The mood switch does the same thing surely?

Yes this is exactly what the Mood / Mode Switch does. (In rough and simple terms)

Sport = Get Up and Go
Auto = Lazy Mode
Traction = Snail Mode

However I suspect some people (especially those who used after market throttle modifiers on other cars with no Mood/Mode switch) are looking for more granularity of control. All a bit too complex for :eek:

Back