Fiat 500L MPW: Your opinions please

Currently reading:
Fiat 500L MPW: Your opinions please

Weekly poll: What's your opinion of the 500L MPW?

• Total voters
I've sat in the back row and there is no space at all.
On a more interesting note, the 7 seat option is an option, car comes standard with 5 seats and a bigger boot

An absolute ****ing wart of a car.

It angers me tbh. I find it deeply offensive.

The 500 is a city car, messing with history and making other huge variants is just wrong, especialy ripping the style of a classic city car.

I agree Mark.
Fair enough Fiat remaking the original Cinquecento & making it bigger, more practical, but that's where the buck should've stopped.

As you said the 500 is a twon car, ideal for just nipping to the shops, or driving round a busy town/ city.

Fiat already had the Grande Punto as a larger car, again a town car, but also good for longish journeys.

Fiat had a 6 Seater (Multipla Mk2), which when relaunched became a 5 seater, they have a 7 Seat Doblo.

So why make the 500 Huge??

Relaunching the Panda was a good idea, & now it's bigger than it's ever been & still relativley pleasing to look at, but the latest 500.... it's a big fat NO...... & as for wanting to make it an SUV, my question is why??

Fiat's nearly always been about small cars, practical enough for everyday use, relativley cheap to run (or not at times)..... I think the boss of Fiat needs his/ hers head checked out & screwed on properly, so CANCEL the 500 SUV it's NOT NEEDED.

Rant over

Andi_F said:
I agree Mark.
Fair enough Fiat remaking the original Cinquecento & making it bigger, more practical, but that's where the buck should've stopped.

As you said the 500 is a twon car, ideal for just nipping to the shops, or driving round a busy town/ city.

Fiat already had the Grande Punto as a larger car, again a town car, but also good for longish journeys.

Fiat had a 6 Seater (Multipla Mk2), which when relaunched became a 5 seater, they have a 7 Seat Doblo.

So why make the 500 Huge??

Relaunching the Panda was a good idea, & now it's bigger than it's ever been & still relativley pleasing to look at, but the latest 500.... it's a big fat NO...... & as for wanting to make it an SUV, my question is why??

Fiat's nearly always been about small cars, practical enough for everyday use, relativley cheap to run (or not at times)..... I think the boss of Fiat needs his/ hers head checked out & screwed on properly, so CANCEL the 500 SUV it's NOT NEEDED.

Rant over

Well, Why the **** did fiat release a Panda 4x4? Cause they wanted to. Honestly the 500L is FAR better looking in the flesh and is in the same class as a Meriva and the B-Max. Ask yourself, why did Vauxhall and Ford release those?? Its FIAT trying to get a piece of that pie.

scoop_987 said:
Well, Why the **** did fiat release a Panda 4x4? Cause they wanted to. Honestly the 500L is FAR better looking in the flesh and is in the same class as a Meriva and the B-Max. Ask yourself, why did Vauxhall and Ford release those?? Its FIAT trying to get a piece of that pie.

But the point is, it's not a 500. Using the 500 name on a fat wart like that is sacrilege.

The 500 is a city car. It has been all throughout Fiats history. Simple, 3 door, compact. Even though the new 500 isn't simple, it's a modern take on the 500, that is fine. The second it becomes a family car though, it's not a 500 in any way.

No problem with them making mini mpv's, 4x4's whatever. but using the traditional name of a city car, attempting to force the style of said city car on it, wrong on every level. It just looks like a genetic experiment gone horribly wrong.

It's a lot closer in concept to the original classic 60's multipla, if they are going to hark back and use historical names and force a historical style onto it, that's what it should be called, The 500L should really have been called the 600 as it was in classic times when they made the 500 bigger.... and the mpw then whold have become the 600 multipla. Would have traditionally been the right thing to do as that is what happened in Fiats history.

Fiat made the 4x4 panda back in 83 & it proved popular, so Fiat decided back in 2004 to launch the Panda 4x4 Mk3, as the Mk1 & Mk2 had been popular.
The down side of the Panda 4x4 is you have to pay 4x4 Road Tax.

I'm not saying the 500L isn't good looking, I just don't see the point in it, but I understand where your coming from on the Ford B-Max & S-Max, along the Meriva & Zafira, which proved popular with School run Mums.

Mrcento said:
But the point is, it's not a 500. Using the 500 name on a fat wart like that is sacrilege.

The 500 is a city car. It has been all throughout Fiats history. Simple, 3 door, compact. Even though the new 500 isn't simple, it's a modern take on the 500, that is fine. The second it becomes a family car though, it's not a 500 in any way.

No problem with them making mini mpv's, 4x4's whatever. but using the traditional name of a city car, attempting to force the style of said city car on it, wrong on every level. It just looks like a genetic experiment gone horribly wrong.

It's a lot closer in concept to the original classic 60's multipla, if they are going to hark back and use historical names and force a historical style onto it, that's what it should be called, The 500L should really have been called the 600 as it was in classic times when they made the 500 bigger.... and the mpw then whold have become the 600 multipla. Would have traditionally been the right thing to do as that is what happened in Fiats history.

I never even thought of that, but yeah the 500L should be the 600, why not it's makes sence....

I'm a bit meh about this. It's not the worst car I've ever seen but it's clearly not a 500. I think Fiat have got this completely wrong and should have come up with a new name instead of copying mini's MO

I fear that Fiat have really got this completely wrong. Mrs H has an MPV for work and for us to transport the troops at the weekend, a Ford Grand C-Max neither of us love it but to be honest its miles better looking than the Fiat 500 L. Gutted it could have been in the running to replace the Ford in time but looking like that no chance.

Back