Fiat 500L anyone spotted one?

Currently reading:
Fiat 500L anyone spotted one?

imported_richard33dees

Established member
I spotted a demonstrator heading to the dealer this morning, prior to it's launch/open day this weekend. Anyone else spotted one?

PicsArt_1363695712256_zps20c0a8fd.jpg

Not yet but no doubt there'll be a few on the roads round here after the weekend. The folks of Aberdeen/shire are notorious for wanting the latest new thing

saw 4 pulling into the petrol station last week at the same time so im guessing they just took delivery of them
ugly bar stewards that they are :D

My oldman had a test drive in one and says that they are pretty good. I think it was the 1.6 MJet that he test drove though.

simon_16vpunto said:
I've had one as a demo for the last two days from work

Any good? I think it has a few panda features in the look. Think they should have make it more mini countryman but suppose it the 500X comes along that'll fill that gap

It's alright. I was at the launch and have driven every one bar the twin air.
Mine is the 1.6 multijet 105, not bad but not much quicker than the 1.3 multijet, 1.4 isn't bad, feels just like a big punto as opposed to a 500.

We've had a lhd car in the showroom since November, which is white with a black roof, mine is red with white roof and alloys and looks way nicer.

It's getting handed back tomorrow as I've had enough of it lol

The interior is the classiest I've ever seen in a fiat, they should make all the interiors to that standard, the glass roof is a lovely touch, as is the big screen.

simon_16vpunto said:
It's alright. I was at the launch and have driven every one bar the twin air.
Mine is the 1.6 multijet 105, not bad but not much quicker than the 1.3 multijet, 1.4 isn't bad, feels just like a big punto as opposed to a 500.

We've had a lhd car in the showroom since November, which is white with a black roof, mine is red with white roof and alloys and looks way nicer.

It's getting handed back tomorrow as I've had enough of it lol

I was playing with the fiat configurator last night and thought all the engines looked a bit sluggish - not one of them had more than 105hp including the 1.6 Mjet. Is that to do with the new rules possibly coming through from the EC regarding CO2 emissions?

Even in the punto range there was only one engine with a bit of a kick and that was the 1.4 MultiAir turbo. Didn't have time to check out any of the other cars but what have fiat done with all their turbos

I'll make a bold prediction that this car will be sales flop. Decent inital sales followed up by very little.

Bigger Fiats don't sell well anyway compared to competitiors, what market segment is this targeting? There's far more established rivals out there in all segments i can this trying to get a slice of. It doesn't do anything new, doesn't even look that good so i don't see how on earth it's going to get sales over rivals.

Harper said:
I was playing with the fiat configurator last night and thought all the engines looked a bit sluggish - not one of them had more than 105hp including the 1.6 Mjet. Is that to do with the new rules possibly coming through from the EC regarding CO2 emissions?

Even in the punto range there was only one engine with a bit of a kick and that was the 1.4 MultiAir turbo. Didn't have time to check out any of the other cars but what have fiat done with all their turbos

This is my frustration with Fiat/Alfa for new cars, they pretty much have the two petrol and two diesel engines and change the HP of them. Especially with Alfa who only have two current cars in their line up.

Mrcento said:
I'll make a bold prediction that this car will be sales flop. Decent inital sales followed up by very little.

Bigger Fiats don't sell well anyway compared to competitors, what market segment is this targeting? There's far more established rivals out there in all segments i can this trying to get a slice of. It doesn't do anything new, doesn't even look that good so i don't see how on earth it's going to get sales over rivals.

Sadly I would agree with this and add that Fiat/Alfa haven't and aren't making cars that are going to sell well in the used market in 5/10yrs time. As there aim is cheap fashion motors these are being looked after less and come the time young/low finance people can afford them they're about on there last legs any ways or being scrapped :(

Andi_F said:
Saw 2 while I was at Arnold Clark Ayr, bloody ugly cars, noow just need to work out, how I can upload a picture from my phone onto here....
So for any Techno geeks HELP PLEASE.

I upload mine into photobucket using the android app then copy and paste the img link from the photobucket website. Might be a better/easier way but that's my way

Back