500 Fiat 500 Twinair 61 plate - engine management light

Currently reading:
500 Fiat 500 Twinair 61 plate - engine management light

fiat500bev

The engine management light keeps on coming on my beautiful fiat 500 twinair dash. Does anyone know if there is a recall? Bev

The engine management light keeps on coming on my beautiful fiat 500 twinair dash. Does anyone know if there is a recall? Bev

Was the RPM sensor when mine did that. Also almost impossible to start from cold.

Was the RPM sensor when mine did that. Also almost impossible to start from cold.

But bear in mind that it's a bit pointless giving internet diagnosis for a generic fault light. There are nearly 10 sensors on the engine, a bunch of solenoid valves and other controls, plus associated wiring, so the failure could be of anything.

Get the car on Examiner/witech and find out what it says, having had the light come on more than once will mean there's a good chance it'll be easy to find the fault.

But bear in mind that it's a bit pointless giving internet diagnosis for a generic fault light. There are nearly 10 sensors on the engine, a bunch of solenoid valves and other controls, plus associated wiring, so the failure could be of anything.

Get the car on Examiner/witech and find out what it says, having had the light come on more than once will mean there's a good chance it'll be easy to find the fault.

Exactly. My standard response to this is "Why are you posting on a forum when the car needs to go into a dealer" especially considering it's under warranty. I'm sorry, but I just don't get the though process behind posting on a forum and getting the opinions of people who have never seen your car. Get it into the dealer.

You are right. The only option is to go directly to the dealer for diagnosis / repair.

Exactly. My standard response to this is "Why are you posting on a forum when the car needs to go into a dealer" especially considering it's under warranty. I'm sorry, but I just don't get the though process behind posting on a forum and getting the opinions of people who have never seen your car. Get it into the dealer.

Come on Maxi, chill out a bit mate!:)

We all use the Internet to try and find out info, maybe the OP just wanted to get some feedback from other 500 owners before taking it to the dealer?

Let's not jump on someone's back as soon as they get on the forum...at least give them 8 or 9 posts before you judge them to be an idiot!:D

Relaxx pitbull, maybe the poster wanted some reassurance. Not everyone knows a lot about cars you know. To the OP, take it to the dealer and make them check it out immediately, no booking next week for you, just show up and ask for diagnostics. once the problem is known then you can worry about booking it in later.

Might also be useful to bring it to the dealer armed with some info from the forum as to what the issue might be - saves you getting the wool pulled over your eyes by an unscruplulous dealer warranty or no warranty. Also the OP is obviously concerned about their car - maybe some info could also put their mind at rest. Is that not what this forum should be all about?????? 'Bring it to the dealer' - I think they could have worked that out themselves!!

Might also be useful to bring it to the dealer armed with some info from the forum as to what the issue might be - saves you getting the wool pulled over your eyes by an unscruplulous dealer warranty or no warranty. Also the OP is obviously concerned about their car - maybe some info could also put their mind at rest. Is that not what this forum should be all about?????? 'Bring it to the dealer' - I think they could have worked that out themselves!!

Tbh if you go to the dealer armed with speculation from people who have only had very general information about the issue you're going to end up looking silly. Sorry.....

In this case, though, you simply cannot speculate. Or you can if you want speculation like this.

It could be:

Crank sensor
Cam Position sensor
Coolant Temp Sensor
Air Temp Sensor
MAP Sensor
Oil Temp Sensor
Knock Sensor
Motorised Throttle Body
Throttle potentiometer
Ignition coils
Boost control solenoid
Boost recirculation solenoid

Amongst other things, or it could be a wiring fault.

Walking into a dealership and saying this would get a: "yeahhhhh, and?" from a dealer tech. Just tell them the symptoms, and the times at which the problems appear to occur.

Back