Technical Fiat 500 twin air: Problems with iphone connection via charging cable

Currently reading:
Technical Fiat 500 twin air: Problems with iphone connection via charging cable

TLC

I have bought a Fiat 500 twin air 2017. When I use the charging cable for my iphone, the message comes up that it's connecting to IPOD. It then starts to play random songs from the playlist in my iphone. I want to turn the songs off and put on googlemaps and listen to the voice telling me directions but it won't work.
I've spent a long time looking in the manual but don't know how to fix this. Any ideas?

Hello and welcome to the forum.

I'm not familiar with the USB interface on the facelift cars, but someone else may be along shortly.

It isn't possible to play audio from a device via USB on the pre-facelift cars with Blue&Me, since the system doesn't support A2DP.

Smartphone integration has never been great. The first generation Blue&Me units weren't capable of more than enabling handsfree call handling (with a limited subset of phones) and playing music from a USB stick. Crucially, they don't have A2DP support, which is what you need to enable audio from applications running on the phone to be played through the car's audio system.

HI I have no idea what A2DP is on my fiat. She does not have any bluetooth, I just connect my iphone via usb port. And as soon as I connect with the radio on, it says ipod connecting and just starts playing random songs from my playlist. I don't want to listen to songs, I want to just hear the googlemap voice telling me where to go. But maybe my model cannot do this. I may have to find my old garmin satnav and use that.

Any ideas folks?

Terrylee

Back