Fiat 500 number plate bulbs not working

Currently reading:
Fiat 500 number plate bulbs not working

CKinginfo

Fiat 500 2019 -Just bought last week. The warning message came on 5 days after purchasing. Both bulbs on the number plate don't work and the warning message comes on the dash. Replaced both bulbs with led bulbs which worked but warning message remained on dash.
Replaced led bulbs with new manufacturer standard bulbs and i have no light from the bulbs and warning message still there.
Please could you help.

Hi

That sounds like you have Low power to them

Obvious point is the rear hatch wiring..at the top hinge..

But at 2019 I would go back to supplying garage.

Charlie - 2018 lounge
Hi Charlie,
Thanks for your reply.
I will contact the dealer as you have advised.
I would expect if it was a fuse had blown the LED and standard bulbs wouldn't work?
Possibly the wires for this connection are not fully connected and as you say don't have enough power to drive the standard bulb.

I bought my wife a fiat 500 on a 2012 plate in august/september 2021 from a dealer in weston-super-mare and for a 2012 plate
its in white and immaculate condition both inside & out . we had the same issue with the rear numberplate bulbs that stopped
working not long after we bought it, so it went back to the dealer where it was bought under their warranty . They were supposed
to have sorted it . we got the car back and not long after that, the bulbs stopped working again . I was recommended by a colleague
where I work, to take the car to a company in highbridge ( profix ) for them to investigate and fix . They found the garage where we
had bought it, had made a complete mess of it . It was so bad they took pictures and posted them on facebook .
Suffice to say we needed a new loom to the boot electrics........job done . Its more than likely to be the loom . However, not long
after that the bulbs stopped working again and I fitted 2 new bulbs which again sorted the problem . They recently stopped
working again . I was going to fit 2 new bulbs again but have found that where the bulbs slot in, the metal connectors just need
pulling in a bit so the bulbs are tighter, just one and both started working again . so when the car goes in for mot again, I'me
gonna get some new bulb holders fitted . A new or replacement loom ( top left when you open the boot ) is not an expensive
fix . hope this helps .

I bought my wife a fiat 500 on a 2012 plate in august/september 2021 from a dealer in weston-super-mare and for a 2012 plate
its in white and immaculate condition both inside & out . we had the same issue with the rear numberplate bulbs that stopped
working not long after we bought it, so it went back to the dealer where it was bought under their warranty . They were supposed
to have sorted it . we got the car back and not long after that, the bulbs stopped working again . I was recommended by a colleague
where I work, to take the car to a company in highbridge ( profix ) for them to investigate and fix . They found the garage where we
had bought it, had made a complete mess of it . It was so bad they took pictures and posted them on facebook .
Suffice to say we needed a new loom to the boot electrics........job done . Its more than likely to be the loom . However, not long
after that the bulbs stopped working again and I fitted 2 new bulbs which again sorted the problem . They recently stopped
working again . I was going to fit 2 new bulbs again but have found that where the bulbs slot in, the metal connectors just need
pulling in a bit so the bulbs are tighter, just one and both started working again . so when the car goes in for mot again, I'me
gonna get some new bulb holders fitted . A new or replacement loom ( top left when you open the boot ) is not an expensive
fix . hope this helps .
Hi Graham,
I really appreciate all the inormation you have supplied. The car has been booked in under warranty to be repaired as it appears to be a wire loom issue. Everyone on the forum has been so helpful and were pointing towards the wire loom at the boot as the problem.
Hopefully when it has been repaired I can move on and enjoy being Fiat 500 owner.

Back