General Fiat 500 lounge 2017 dualogic gearbox issue

Currently reading:
General Fiat 500 lounge 2017 dualogic gearbox issue

Kelsar

Hi I’m in Palmerston North, New Zealand and purchased a 2017 Fiat 500 lounge. Dualogic gearbox.

I live 6 hours away from where I purchased the vehicle (car dealership) during my trip home and in the following 2 weeks I noticed if I had to stop for a traffic light at the top of a hill (note I always drive it in auto mode) I would sit with my foot on the brake and then when the light goes green I’d move my foot from the brake pedal to the excelerator pedal which is like 1 second maximum and the car just rolls backwards and the gearbox just slips into neutral and I have to grab the handbrake immediately to stop the car then to move forward I have to to have the handbrake on fully and slowly release it as my foot is on the excellerator. With the car rolling backwards I could easily roll back into a car behind me and I’ve advised the insurance company and they confirmed as I suspected that I would be at fault even though it’s clearly a fault of the vehicle. The dealer is trying to tell me it’s normal for this dualogic gearbox however I’ve rung Fiat in Auckland and tgey advise it most definitely is not normal nor road worthy. I’m having the vehicle sent to Fiat in Auckland can anyone tell me if they have experienced anything like this issue at all.

Thanks in advance

Back