Off Topic Fiat 500 L commerical oh dear!

Currently reading:
Off Topic Fiat 500 L commerical oh dear!

When I visited the dealership for my first maintenance, about two weeks ago, I had a 500 L test drive just to fulfil my curiosity. Crisis is still here so the sales reps have plenty of free time, there wasn't even a single customer there.

Well, the ride is comfort enough and yes, there is plenty of space. Besides that I still believe that the L can not be considered as a product range expansion.
In my opinion it's just a totally different car.

Marketing wise, the targeting is correct. A prettier and a larger edition of the Panda.

To be honest the ad is a bit funny. Besides that, it scared the hell out of me :p Is this how it feels having children? :p:p:p:p:p:p:p

When I visited the dealership for my first maintenance, about two weeks ago, I had a 500 L test drive just to fulfil my curiosity. Crisis is still here so the sales reps have plenty of free time, there wasn't even a single customer there.

Well, the ride is comfort enough and yes, there is plenty of space. Besides that I still believe that the L can not be considered as a product range expansion.
In my opinion it's just a totally different car.

Marketing wise, the targeting is correct. A prettier and a larger edition of the Panda.

To be honest the ad is a bit funny. Besides that, it scared the hell out of me :p Is this how it feels having children? :p:p:p:p:p:p:p

Totally different car (from the 500)? - certainly, no connection at all other than the name.

Prettier (than almost anything)? - hardly think so, it's grotesque.

Edition of the Panda? - even less connection.

Totally different car (from the 500)? - certainly, no connection at all other than the name.

Prettier (than almost anything)? - hardly think so, it's grotesque.

Edition of the Panda? - even less connection.

I was clear that I was talking about the 500 since I mentioned the product range expansion. Indeed, no connection at all.

In my opinion the L is just a bigger and more rounded Panda. Comparing those two I think L is just prettier.

Last edited:
Nice little comment piece in the Guardian today about the ad. You may not like / appreciate / understand the advert, but it is catching the attention and entertaining a largely misunderstood market demographic. All good (and free publicity) for Fiat.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisfree/2013/jan/07/fiat-ad-modern-motherhood

Ads are designed to sell to us as we are now, with all our flaws and susceptibilities and right now, the Fiat 500L mum is right for us: in her photogenically haggard way, there's something aspirational to her after all. She might not have it all, but she does it all, and that's a badge of honour. As the chorus goes, "You're in the motherhood/And you're in for good." But if no one wanted to be in the motherhood, no one would buy the car that shows the world you belong there. Fiat knows that telling other people we're doing too much is what mums really do best.

Back