General Fiat 500 Daylight running lights

Currently reading:
General Fiat 500 Daylight running lights

Klipriver

I have a slight issue with my above 500 POP. (2008) When the DRL's are on the drivers side bulb does not work. This is confirmed with a warning signal on the instrument panel. However, if I put main beam switch on then both left and right DLR bulbs ignite. I have had the car for 12 months and still learning. I should be very grateful to receive any help or quidance on the issue. Many thanks.

It is a dual filament bulb-so you need to get a new one as the drl filament has busted but the main beam is still working

It’s a dual filament bulb.

When you have no headlights on, one filament lights up, when you have headlights on then a less powerful filament lights up.

You need to replace the bulb. The best way to do this is to turn the wheel onwards and remove the inner wheel cover and the bulb cover inside, then position yourself in front of the car and reach around inside the arch, you’ll be able to see what you’re touching through the lens at the front. Sounds silly, but it works. You need to use the tips of your fingers rather than he pads of your fingers.

[ame]https://youtu.be/r72zW2-rWB4[/ame]

I have a slight issue with my above 500 POP. (2008) When the DRL's are on the drivers side bulb does not work. This is confirmed with a warning signal on the instrument panel. However, if I put main beam switch on then both left and right DLR bulbs ignite. I have had the car for 12 months and still learning. I should be very grateful to receive any help or quidance on the issue. Many thanks.

There are two bulbs in the DRL housing; a dual-filament T20 21/5W bulb (21 watt DRL and 5 watt parking/sidelight) and a H1 55W halogen bulb which is your main beam headlight. As noted above you will need to replace the T20 21/5W globe.

It’s a dual filament bulb.

When you have no headlights on, one filament lights up, when you have headlights on then a less powerful filament lights up.

You need to replace the bulb. The best way to do this is to turn the wheel onwards and remove the inner wheel cover and the bulb cover inside, then position yourself in front of the car and reach around inside the arch, you’ll be able to see what you’re touching through the lens at the front. Sounds silly, but it works. You need to use the tips of your fingers rather than he pads of your fingers.

https://youtu.be/r72zW2-rWB4
Hi maxi360 Many thanks for your guidance. Top marks.

Back