General Fiat 127 in Classic & Sports Car

Currently reading:
General Fiat 127 in Classic & Sports Car

Palio

Spirito di Panto!
Just to let all you 127 fans (if there are any left!) know that one of my 127's is in this month's (Feb 2014 issue) Classic & Sports Car magazine.

Big credit to Classic & Sports Car for their professionalism throughout. This makes a very nice change to other magazines. They also paid for the fuel & provided lunch - again other magazines could take note.

The test was between a Renault 5, VW Polo and the 127 1050CL.

You'll need to buy the magazine to see the full test. I'm not spoiling the result for you, but :D

A few of my amateur snaps are below (For some reason they are much sharper & brighter if you click on each one to view the original :confused: )
- I'm hoping to get the proper ones from the photographer at some point.......... (y)

I have a big crush on series 1 127s with the chrome hubcaps. The 127 hardcore have probably seen these films already but I like em :) The second film has several charming young ladies who seem very interested in the finer points of the 127.

I have a big crush on series 1 127s with the chrome hubcaps. The 127 hardcore have probably seen these films already but I like em :) The second film has several charming young ladies who seem very interested in the finer points of the 127.

Nuova Fiat 127 - Presentazione e prova su strada (1971) - YouTube

Fiat 127 prima serie - YouTube

That reminds me how good they are in the snow - used to run rings round everything in the late '80's. Sadly they are too rare to risk too much in the winter these days - and the offroading made me wince!! :eek:

The Panda does all the winter playing & offroading now. (y)

Sadly the young ladies aren't so young these days either....... :(

Last edited:
Great 127 in very "70's" colour, I had 5 127 mk1's and one mk2, love theese little cars. Lately I have found old VHS tape from the past with my white modified mk1{ sport susp, and 1.0 fire engine with 5 speeds gearbox} but only this short fragment has been saved from the old tape:)

Polo's look cool but the brakes....OMG, so useless. Early R5's are good with the dash mounted gearchange. My late father -in-law had one, great car until I jacked it up one day and the rear axle stayed on the floor....! Scrapped it the next day but concerned to see it screaming round full of yoots 2 weeks later!

I need to get a copy. MOT test for my 1979 1050cl tomorrow. Fingers crossed! ImageUploadedByFIAT Forum1392911403.631246.jpg

I've been trying to put it off for a while now but i can no longer hold off the need to own a 127 :cry: :D Such beautiful cars in my mind! I'm hoping to view a MK1 in the next week if it's not already sold to an earlier (than me :mad:) buyer. Gavin Palio talk me out of it please (don't) as i'm supposed to be reducing numbers until we move out of London ;)

Back