Technical FF Guide to the Doblo (Problems + Solutions) - Your Input Please :)

Currently reading:
Technical FF Guide to the Doblo (Problems + Solutions) - Your Input Please :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ozzie,

I think this is a great idea. I have maintained my Doblo myself, regardless of the fact that the warranty is invalidated. I'm just reckless like that!

So far in nearly 40,000 miles in 2 1/2 years the only problem I have had is with the EGR. I fixed this myself.

One reason I brought the Doblo was because it is an essentially simple car and home maintenance should be possible. The frustration now is the lack of basic pointers when repairing and maintaining the car. At the moment the Doblo population is still relatively young with many vehicles still under "warranty". As time goes by this will change and owners will be more interested in maintaining and repairing without support from FIAT. They will need a little help, I think.

My top tip is to cut a hole in the engine undertray so that you can access the oil filter without taking the tray off. This halves the time taken to change the oil and replace the filter. I made up a small aluminium plate which is secured over the hole with with four 6mm stainless screws.

Let us all know what support you would like with this idea. I am sure there are plenty of people who will contribute
wot was the problem with the egr valve and how did you fix it .Im having problems with slow or non existant revs when cold

Last edited:
Hello I'm new on here and am looking for some help :slayer:I have a Doblo Cargo van, I bought it second hand and it did not have an owners manual with it. The problems I have are relatively simple if you have the book or the knowledge but I have neither!!!!:eek:

Does anyone have a diagram to tell me what fuse does what please :idea: my reversing lights do not work I have checked the bulbs they are ok. My Window washer pump does not spray and I thought this might also be a fuse problem.

Any help would be appreciated, Cheers in advance

Jane :p

:slayer:eek:h well ,, thort having a timing chain would be better no camblet changes ,, well was i wrong , doblo cargo 1.3 diesel van, timing changes gone at 60 thow ??? gutted , its my own work van , any one got a manual on the engine ??? good van till now , :cry:

Hello,
I'm new here.I have a '02 Doblo Van 1.9L . There's 68,000 mls on the clock. The problems are that the engine shudders like crazy and it's very smoky.It doesn't cut out but i wonder will that happen in the colder winter months.
Any comments would be appreciated.
Regards,
Pedro9.

Just a quick question has any one changed the belt that does the oil filter/power steering (dolbo gargo 1.9D) as mine snapped a few hours ago:cry: if so how hard is it to put the new one on? is it just a case of slackening a few bolts? Thanks madrab.

Last edited:
had a look under the bonnet this morning belt snapped and tensioner also busted. Grand total for repair £122.50:eek: But I am on the road again:)

This is my first ever post so not sure how or where this will appear,but how do I solve a sticking EGR problem, is it ok to clean and replace or is it best to bin and replace new and about how much are they? can anyone advise please

Hi we have an 05 Doblo 1.9JTD Dynamic (105BHP).

Our problem is the boot lock doesn't lock when you press the button on the Key, so we have to lock it seperatley.

I had the same problem, the grease on the lock had dried out and the electric actuator doesn't have the power to move it. It should be easy to repair, just take the plastic panel on the interior of the tailgate off (a few screws) and spray some lube on the mechanism (WD40 should do it - I used some bike chain lube). Pressing the button while looking at the mechanism should let you see what I'm talking about. If nothing moves, then it's however an electrical problem (I don't think it's the case). Greasing it should work and I don't think this is worth paying a visit to the garage

Newbie on here. Got 2001 dublo van 1.9 jtd starts and runs g8 but only runs for 20 mins then cuts out, wont start again untill you leave for ten mins. Go back to it and starts straight up and this is how it is all day.
Does not overheat, have no gasket probs, shows no fault codes.
Have changed filter and pump in tank. still cuts out.
One thing i have noticed is that 3 small relays get warm in engine compartment fuse box and one inside cab which i think is fuel relay.

It has been regularly serviced.

Any Ideas?

Last edited:
my old battery had white dust or crap on the battery posts a bit like the dust you get around bulbs that have a bad earth & using the water assuming the water is being boiled out of it. i changed the battery in the hope it would sort it but no its still the same a mechanic friend of mine told me a friend of his had the same & had to go to fiat to have something reprogrammed. ??? it's putting out 14.5v when the engine's running at the battery terminals but i can't get to the alternator to check its out put. but a auto electrician told me it takes 17v ish or more usually to boils battery's ??? has any 1 sorted the same problem out ??? :worship::worship::worship:

Last edited:
I had the same problem, the grease on the lock had dried out and the electric actuator doesn't have the power to move it. It should be easy to repair, just take the plastic panel on the interior of the tailgate off (a few screws) and spray some lube on the mechanism (WD40 should do it - I used some bike chain lube). Pressing the button while looking at the mechanism should let you see what I'm talking about. If nothing moves, then it's however an electrical problem (I don't think it's the case). Greasing it should work and I don't think this is worth paying a visit to the garage

Slightly different problem, the actuator had popped off the lock mechanism. so it was moving freely but not actually doing anything. a simple fix though.

don't forget that as well as the screws there is a plastic clip in the middle of the panel that needs popped off.

Newbie on here. Got 2001 dublo van 1.9 jtd starts and runs g8 but only runs for 20 mins then cuts out, wont start again untill you leave for ten mins. Go back to it and starts straight up and this is how it is all day.
Does not overheat, have no gasket probs, shows no fault codes.
Have changed filter and pump in tank. still cuts out.
One thing i have noticed is that 3 small relays get warm in engine compartment fuse box and one inside cab which i think is fuel relay.

It has been regularly serviced.

Any Ideas?
got same prob with my 03 doblo, anyone know wot problem is, or did you fix yours?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back