General Fed up fed up fed up!

Currently reading:
General Fed up fed up fed up!

mum2oneplustwins

Hi guys

Just posted this in another thread as well.

I haven't been on for some time as I have slowly but surely been getting more and more annoyed with all the things that have gone wrong with my Multi. I bought her last year and LOVED her so, so much but after the first major repair over the winter that cost £360, she has needed in total over £1,000 worth of work and I can't afford to run her any more. It's such a shame as it has so much character compared to my old Zafira and that's what tempted me in the first place.

I'm going to have to sell as soon as possible as I've just had an MOT done and bought 6 months car tax so I've just got to clean her up and send her on her way :( Very sad but I've fallen out of love now.

Rather than get an MPV, I am now wondering whether I should just get a 'normal' 5 seater car for our family of 5 which is cheap to buy and cheap to run, insure etc. Someone has recommended a VW Passat. Any thoughts?

if you are after a reliable family car big enough for 5, I would recommend a Honda Accord 2003-2007 particularly the Tourer (estate) . that is our other car..we have had it for about 2 years (20000 miles) and nothing has ever gone wrong with it.
without starting a storm here, I would not recommend anything French (Renault, Peugeot, Citroen) as what I have heard they are not much more reliable than the Multiplas. just my opinion...before I get my head chewed off :eek:

As an aside, I have felt that the usual economical fuel usage has been terrible lately. I clicked on the switch on the dash yesterday and it said 28.6 mpg! Surely it should be 45 or thereabouts?! (n)Any tips please?

Back