General Radio upgrade

Currently reading:
General Radio upgrade

Do you need help unlocking your radio?
Get your code instantly using our radio unlock service 🔓🎶

jpuk

i've got the std radio on my 2007 fiat multipla but want to upgrade so it has dab,cd,bluetooth,usb etc can anyone recommend one that fits straight in without any mods ? cheers, JP

Have you considered one of these:

FM Transmitter, Clydek Bluetooth FM Transmitter Radio Adapter Audio Receiver Stereo Music Tuner Car Kit with Dual USB 2.4A Charger, Remote Control [1.8 Inch Large Screen]: Amazon.co.uk: Electronics

It bluetooth connects to your phone so you can play from whatever app you like then transmits it to a radio frequency that you can preset on your standard headunit. Also accepts calls and DAB.

Haven't installed in a Multipla but took all of 5 minutes in the wife's Jag.

Only issue with an aftermarket unit is that you need a facia adapter and possibly a harness adapter so expect to add £20 to your headunit cost. From memory the standard headunit isn't awful and the multi is not short of 12v power sockets in the front or places to hide the additional transmitter.

i looked at them but no 3.5 audio jack to plug it into the cd/radio

Last edited:
not sure if i've misunderstood, but the unit I posted transmits at a frequency of say 107.9fm which then you pick up on your FIAT headunit (107.9FM). So bluetooth from phone to unit and radio waves from unit to car.

Result is from the car headunit you get FM / CD, from the unit you get youtube/itunes/amazon music, DAB.

The unit needs a 12V supply from the cigarette lighter socket and also comes with a DAB aerial which you stick to your windscreen (self adhesive) and hide the lead behind the trim. It can be pretty stealth if you take your time.

The wife is well impressed. I've got one of those slim line Pioneer headunits in my Multi with USB and 3.5 jack in the front. It was about £50 and in all fairness the quality is better than the transmitter unit which now and again be a little crackly. But for £22 the transmitter job is hard to beat.

Last edited:
Hi George,

For the front's these sound great:
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/351291217396

For the rears I bought some FLI 5 x 7's but I haven't managed to fit them yet. The hole in the door is more like 4.5" x 6.5" so to fit i'm going to have to trim some metal. Not the end of the world as the plastic door pocket will hide any bodgery but as of yet I haven't got a tool which will cut through the sheet steel with ease. Perhaps a dremmel or something?

This post contains affiliate links which may earn a commission at no additional cost to you.
Do you need help unlocking your radio?
Get your code instantly using our radio unlock service 🔓🎶
Back