General fealing hot hot hot

Currently reading:
General fealing hot hot hot

kevin_ross100

I have a panda 750 and i had the head replaced due to worn cam shaft bearings ( 10mm of play!) anyway not the engine runs quite hot it sits at over 90 when crusing on the open roads. The fan kicks in all ok but is it ok to have the engine run this hot?

mine runs at about 80 on the smaller roads and 65/70 on the motorway. my fan kicks in at 90 on the dot.

I dont think there will be a prob running this hot but have you tried dropping and refilling the water recently?

Panda Power!

my fan kicks in at 96-99 ish and it runs at 90ish i have checked the water level and its fine. it only started doing this after i had the head changed and he used the therstat from the new head not the one that was in there do you think the theromstat is sticking a bit? or opening late

Sounds that way to me?

Might be worthwile investing in a new thermostat. Dont know how much they cost but it's definately less than the cost of replacing an engine.

I might have been a bit too dramatic in my last statement, i'm sure it'll be fine.

If anything, a radiator hose will break before engine breaks/warps, giving you an indication that it doesn't like being ran that hot.

Panda Power!

Back