Technical Hot distributor

Currently reading:
Technical Hot distributor

Hi,

As some know I have been having overheating problems. My current thinking is that it is the distributor over heating. It's getting hot, and the engine is cutting out. However with the fan on, the distributor keeps cool and the engine does not cut out. Also as it cut out this time I had a few miss fires. Anyone have any ideas or solutions?

J

yeah ive noticed that the one on mine gets really hot.. only thing i could really suggest is use some kind of smaller fan to cool the ignition module down... or some how put a bigger heat sink on it.

try this, take the ignition module off the distributor and just leave it hanging on the wires.. that way it wont get hot from the distributor

worth a shot...

yeah ive noticed that the one on mine gets really hot.. only thing i could really suggest is use some kind of smaller fan to cool the ignition module down... or some how put a bigger heat sink on it.

try this, take the ignition module off the distributor and just leave it hanging on the wires.. that way it wont get hot from the distributor

worth a shot...

Doesn't it earth through the distributor?

I have got a 12v fan to try to put on to the ignition module. hope that this might work. cheers for the suggestion about the module!

Back