Technical Faulty OCS sensor

Currently reading:
Technical Faulty OCS sensor

XYFAS

After the airbag fault light stayed on continously I ttok my Stilo down to the dealer to have the fault checked out. They diagnosed a fault with the OCS sensor in the front passenger seat. This fits in with the faults described in the guides section here.

Firstly the dealer couldn't find the part on the database, they gave me a number for fiat parts (01536 2367376) who found the correct part code (47686180; I hope this is right!!). Rang the dealer who said this part was no longer manufactured and there was no replacement! Rang back fiat parts and ordered one direct for £175, they said they didn't know what the dealer was talking about!

Hopefully fiat are sending the right part, without a replacement sensor the airbag system won't work.

Give the model specs and year of manufacture and someone here should be able to check the part number for you. Beware that they are different for 3 door and 5 door. £175 sounds dear. Mine was £105 this summer

Last edited:
It was the right part, though unlike the guide (on this forum suggested) it didn't come ready attached to the seat pad but it did have strips to I attached it to stick it too the pad. I put the grey fabric cover on (double sided vinyl tape did the trick) and re-assembled and fitted the seat.

No more airbag light!!!!

It is clear to me my local fiat garage don't know what they are doing, they even managed to lse the sensor after it had been delivered! That said they were ford only and have just taken over responsibility & selling fiats.

Mike

Yes 47686180 looks like the one
Price seems wrong though
Bought mine from Simonstone Bristol for £96.80 (including VAT) in June this year (just checked)

Is it te same part for Stilo from 2002 and 3dr. & fabric seats.

Can i purchase this onlie :confused: ?

Thanks,

Back