Technical Faulty LCD/Instrument cluster - how to remove?

Currently reading:
Technical Faulty LCD/Instrument cluster - how to remove?

ambientcoast

Hey

I bought a Fiat Qubo 2010 1.4 petrol earlier this year to use as a dog/bike/surfboard carrier. It's a great little car and runs without a problem, but it seems like the LCD screen is faulty.

I think it's a damp-related issue, but I'm not 100% sure. I'd like to try to either replace the LCD panel or even just bring the entire cluster indoors and stick it in front of a radiator for a while to see if drying it out at least temporarily fixes the issue, but I can't seem to find any instructions/Youtube/whatever to help me remove the dashboard instrument cluster itself.

If anyone can point me in the right direction or share some instructions, that would be mucho appreciated. :)

Also, bonus question - given that the mileage on the car is generally unreadable, is this an MOT fail? Anyone know?

Thanks!

PS. This is what the LCD screen looked like today ("Moo! Now!" is my favourite random fault so far):

IMG_1832.jpeg

Nope no need to worry about this for a mot
It's not a testable item

You will just send up with something like milage not readable at time of the test written in your MOT paperwork

Thanks for the info - at least the pressure's off for getting this sorted before the next test in Jan.

Anyone got any suggestions/tips for removing the display cluster?

Ta!
Got the very same issue in a 2014 Doblo Van ( be it without the Moo Now 😄) did you manage to find any info on removing the Instrument Cluster ?

Back