FAO tom....components again

Currently reading:
FAO tom....components again

waiting to hear back even if its 30 odd quid it will still be cheaper then over here!

Paul R

Paul get them to post the package as a 'gift' you do not have to pay any import duties that way, tis what I did when I got all my Rockford gear from the states when I used to drive my Pug 306 :)

the prices are stupid, i can get a jl audio three way compent set for 160quid...and its brand new!!!

its given me the bug, but i dont have the money to get them, but at this price i will!

Paul R
P.S.i am on a tea break sir....(@danz)

****whispers under his breath***** ****** ****** lol...

will be soon, but its so bloody windy i dont want to go out there :(

@tom...what do you think of those PGold ones... i think i will be getting them, do you think i should?

Paul R

PG are quite good.

Marking an item as a gift won't get you off import duty.

I still think those alpines are a steal though.

really, i am underestimating these alpines obviously!...these pg's are on cad for 200!

Paul R

agreed, but you do get what you pay for generally...

would you seriously take the alpines over the pg's

Paul R

Well if they are really that expensive why does indo have them so cheap? ;)

hmm speak to ash G he brought a Rockford Fosgate Sub off one of the american compaines, adn they were charging £130 for postage, so just make sure you know exactly what you have to pay before you buy, also if u do decide to buy, i may buy some with you :) save on postage costs

Lozz

@tom because we get ripped of for everything in the uk

@lozz if you are serious then let us know, i am... also have you checked your seats? and have you got her down in price? ;)

Paul R

the sub i ordered was 17kg and was $130 for 3 day delivery from the states

it was stil cheeper than the uk price by miles!! even though it cost nearly £80 to post (it did actually cost that much to post i checked)

to get out of paying the import fees the item needs to be declaired as a gift and have a stated customs value of $100 or less to qualify for not being taxed!!

Im Driven to Earn, and I Earn to Drive......

also forgot to mention i got a set of rockford fnq components from the states i managed to blow them within 2weeks rang inaudio they told me to take them to a uk dealer for repair. every place i tried in the uk told e to **** off cos they didnt have a eurpoean warenty so be carefull!

they cost me over £200 from the us and i lost my money! but then u take a chance as to buy them in the uk would have cost me £450

Im Driven to Earn, and I Earn to Drive......