General FAO Seicento Abarth Owners..

Currently reading:
General FAO Seicento Abarth Owners..

eMz

It's a Cento Thing..
Ok,

So i found a screw/nail stuck in my tyre the other day. I had a spare tyre in my garage from when i baught my car.. but i never really looked at my tyre sizes till now..

Obviously as my car's the Abarth version the wheels on my car are 14's.. but whilst looking at the Tyre sizes i noticed that the front tyres were 175 and the back were 165.. is this right??

I've got the Tyre with the screw in repaired now, but i'm a little worried that my tyres are different sizes?

Also, what size tyres can i have on the Abarth wheels and what are the standard Abarth wheel sizes??

Ok, anyone know the profile size for the 185s then?

And Fingers, if you could keep me informed on the Mo's that would be great thanks! :)

you should not drive with thinner tyres on the back of the car unless its an approved skinny type spare.
you can put them on the front with no problems but on the back it's an MOT failure and possibly illegal (3 points per tyre?)

Never knew that! lol.. The car past the MOT in April with the previous owner like that!

I have a 175 tyre in the garage so i'll just buy one 175 tyre and get them both fitted, so all my tyres are the same size, and then i'll either get new alloys or new tyres in the near future if need be :)

also by going to the 185/50's your speedo should be more or less bang on accurate (for some reason on 175/50's my speedo reads 4mph under - I'm guessing Fiat did this deliberately).

Switching to 185/50's myself once I've finished painting my new rims.
Probably going to go with conti-contact sports - not the cheapest but I've heard good things (though saying that Yoko's clock in at about a tenner less per corner at the moment, so Might go for them).

My Abarth had 175/50's on it.

When I bought my Schumacher it had 185/55's. It didn't feel right so I put 175/50's on the Schumacher and it feels much better. Thats only my opinion of course.

My Abarth had 175/50's on it.

When I bought my Schumacher it had 185/55's. It didn't feel right so I put 175/50's on the Schumacher and it feels much better. Thats only my opinion of course.

185/55's are a wee bit too big...
tyres.JPG

pirelli p600 on my punto gt wheels on my sei. 175 i think
i would recommend them just for the awesome tread... im sure Ming would agree aswell :)

Last edited:
Got a question on this. I've got a standard abarth Seicento and the tyres on my alloys are 185/50r14 on front and 175/50r14 on back. The fronts are in need of replacement and i've managed to find a garage that will do all 4 tyres at a good price for 185/50r14 They couldn't get the 175/50 too expensive. Basically will the 185/50/r14 i dont think will go on the rear because when i tried to switch them around with the fronts a while ago the were rubbing on the inside of the tyre wall.

What are my options? I was thinking since the standard abarths are spaced out 10mm on the front anway. Is it possible to just buy the 3mm standard sporting spacers from Fiat directly and i should be sorted or no!!

Not 100% sure what you're doing. If you mean, can you put 3mm spacers on the back and will it stop the rubbing, the answer is that it will probably stop the rubbing unless you carry heavy people in the back. On Seis it's very close. Of course, you need to check that the wheel bolts are long enough.

Make sure -- check the Internet -- that the tyres you're being offered are worth fitting. Generally garages are really bad places to buy tyres!

Rusty runs 195/45/14s (on standard 5.5j wheels....which I have repeatedly warned him about!) with the standard 10mm spacers up front, and some 5mm ones at the back, and has just as much clearance as I do running 175/50/14s.

By that rationale, I would guess that the 3mm fiat spacers from the front wheels of a cinq, would do the job just fine with 185s (y)

Last edited:
The Seicento Abarth had some 10mm spacers on the front wheels fitted standardly? Because mine has no spacers.... maybe previously owner removed them.... I don't know exactly.... :bang:

Back