Technical FAO anyone with a supersprint manifold!

Currently reading:
Technical FAO anyone with a supersprint manifold!

Thewitt

RS Clio 172 Cup Owner :D
I keep getting an engine management light on my dash ever since Ive had my supersprint manifold fitted. Ive just had the lambda sensor moved to after the sports cat Ive got fitted and the error codes cleared.
I get about 100 yards from the garage and the light has come back on again for the same reason!
Has anyone had this problem and how did you get around it?

I keep getting an engine management light on my dash ever since Ive had my supersprint manifold fitted. Ive just had the lambda sensor moved to after the sports cat Ive got fitted and the error codes cleared.
I get about 100 yards from the garage and the light has come back on again for the same reason!
Has anyone had this problem and how did you get around it?

have you spoken to Dave? he has a full s/s system...

should clear after 3 drive cycles, you using OEM lambda and proper wires and amp superseal plugs to extend it?

I dont know, the place that did the welding work for me also did the wiring but will get under the car and have a proper look at it later.
Its the OEM lambda thats being used after the cat.
So it should clear itself in a few days???

Well its had its fourth drive 2day and the light is still on! Im starting to worry about this now.Will get it back in the garage so my mechanic friend can have a look at it asap!

Right, Ive had the light cleared again and as of yet it has stayed off even though there were 6 codes showing on the scanner when the guy had it plugged in. Lets hope it stays off!!!

Last edited:
engine light came back on today, damn it!
Back into garage, turns out my post cat lambda sensor is completely cooked, looks like its been burnt! Looks like when the welding on my exhaust was done, the lambda was still in the hole they were welding to!
Getting replacement one on friday to hopefully sort the problem! The wiring was shoddy too so all thats getting replaces at the same time.

Hopefully get all that sorted and then its remap tweak time!!!:devil:

Right, had a new lambda sensor fitted today, get around 100 yards down the road and the engine management light comes back on again (n)

Im starting to think the sports cat Ive got fitted is screwed :cry:

Dave, you got a link to where you got your cat from???

Last edited:
There is a special wire?
Took it to my usual garage and got them to sort it, they done a better job than the last monkeys I let have a go at it anyway!
I assume they used this special wire!
Will be goin back in next week, see what they got to say!

Back