General FAO all MK2B Sporting Owners

Currently reading:
General FAO all MK2B Sporting Owners

LanciaMad

Established member
Question about your 1.4 16v engines.

Does anyone have a 1.4 16v with a black painted steel sump or are they all aluminum?

Mines aluminium, and as far as I'm aware they all are doesn't help when they put the sump plug in the most stupid place you can get! :bang:.

Thats what I thought but just checking. Are there any other distinguishing features other than the sump between the 1.2 16v and 1.4 16v?

Depends what sort of 'differences' your looking for. The 1.4 is 'fly by wire' and has self sustained coil packs where the 1.2 is HT leads:-

1.2:

F10i.jpg

1.4:

F36i.jpg

Images courtesey of GSR. If you need any better ones of the 1.4 engine just let me know.

Wow, didnt know the coil pack bit!

Suppose Ideally Id want there to be a stamp on the block saying 1242 or 1368 but I dont think there is one. However I think some came with stickers on them with the engine type on near where the gearbox bell housing goes or did I dream that up?

Cheers.

Bought a 1368 16v from someone and when it arrived it was just a 1242 16v. It would just be nice to have something concrete to go back to them with.

You got the wrong engine then? :(

As suspected yep. The seller is useless. I asked her if it had an aluminum sump which she said yes to but it doesnt it has a steel sump and she said she didnt actually check the engine when I asked. She just assumed. FFS:mad:

Back