O

Ozric-Al

http://www.auto-italia.co.uk/

:)

ozric.jpg

"Doctor said to give up Keee-Babs. I said 'No, no-no'"
cheers.gif

My Members Page
OI! Road safety nutters!! George Orwell ment '1984' to be a warning, NOT a template!

Good on you Al, i will be buying my copy later ;)

RAT20V_MAREA2_sig.jpg

Fiat Marea Weekend 2.0 20v HLX 147 83k and so far so good!

Down & Out Stickers available only here bravo and marea weekend only £5 incl delivery

Not out yet Robin. 28th

ozric.jpg

cheers.gif

My Members Page
OI! Road safety nutters!! George Orwell ment '1984' to be a warning, NOT a template!

nice one mate :)

mikey_sig2.jpg

A Fiat Marea in a Bravo Shell..Its good to be different ;)
Now with working Steering Wheel Controls :)
K+N Ind Kit 2 cold air feeds,
Custom 'zorst Twin Exit backbox,
FC Performance chip > 160bhp :)

Look its my car!!!!

Just need to wait for the current owner to part with it.... only a small technicality :)

style5,TommyK.png

plate-2.jpg

Ah man, i have to wait :(

RAT20V_MAREA2_sig.jpg

Down & Out Stickers available only here bravo and marea weekend only £5 incl delivery

Nice one Al, good to see the lady in yoru life get the recognition she deserves :)

It's in the shops! :)

ozric.jpg

cheers.gif

My Members Page

i am going to the shop now!!!

RAT20V_MAREA2_sig.jpg

Well that's rather frustrating. Auto-Italia wonders why we don't buy the mag and when they get a chance they fill the article with their typical Alfa bias and inaccuracies.

Cambelt change every 72k? Well that comment will kill a few more.

"for the record, both cars are around the 8 second mark in the 0-60 sprint, despite the 145 carrying an extra 50kg kerb weight"? Errrr, no. HGT is quicker, why did they have to Molly coddle the Alfa being slower?

"don't expect more than 30 mpg" Again, incorrect. Shabash averages 33mpg and has been as high as 35 even with the massive weight of the boot build. Used to get 33 day in, day out pre-remap.

Finally, the side skirts were unique to the HGT ONLY. Sigh.

Still, good points are the quality photos and a nice side shot showing off the BOO sticker.

I would expect accuracy from AI on this sort of detail.

First and last copy I will ever buy though I'm afraid.

ozric.jpg

cheers.gif

My Members Page

Welcome to the so-oft sloppy world that is UK motoring journalism :(

They of course just 'knew' before they started the comparison that the FIAT would be trying to match the talants of the Alfa Romeo...

Glad for you that good pics of your great car can now been seen in a national mag at least :)

I am surprised they didn't come to the forum for advice and specs of the HGT, surely we are the true experts not some guy who can throw some words together, it really winds me up, i am also a member of the mondeo owners club (although i don't own one and never will again probably) but there a great bunch, when performance ford done a shootout, they came to the forum and asked the questions!!! you should write to them Al, or i might throw a mail together...

Seriously 72k per cambelt change (so he had read the handbook a little then), more like 40k or 5 years what ever comes first!

and just for the record, i was getting around 35 mpg from my wagon at the weekend on my journey to swindon and back!

rant over

Robin

33mpg.... I only get about 12MPG :(

Maybe thats because I use the HGT to make me smile and can't help use booting it a little.

If I want MPG I'll take the Golf... if I want fun I take the HGT.

Will have to get Daisy back on the road... just a few more months and she can come out of hibernation :)

style5,TommyK.png

plate-2.jpg

Had a quick look while I was out earlier, pics look good apart from the one where you can see the driver! I didn't buy it though, (got classic mag instead) there are no fiat only mags, loads for Ford, vw etc.

Stephen01

Had a quick look while I was out earlier, pics look good apart from the one where you can see the driver! I didn't buy it though, (got classic mag instead) there are no fiat only mags, loads for Ford, vw etc.

Stephen01

there are no fiat only mags, loads for Ford, vw etc

agree on that!

mikey_sig2.jpg

A Fiat Marea in a Bravo Shell..Its good to be different ;)
Now with working Steering Wheel Controls :)
K+N Ind Kit 2 cold air feeds,
Custom 'zorst Twin Exit backbox,
FC Performance chip > 160bhp :)

They'll only publish what 'market research' says will sell in big enough numbers.
FIAT's are just not popular enough here to justify it, sadly.

Would be a different story in countries like Italy/Brazil/Turkey I would guess.