General Facelift

Currently reading:
General Facelift

seat covers thats about it nowt else.and introduced the 1.4/16v engine to cars further down the range oh i forgot they changed the dials on the sporting model really extensive NOT

You cant get my interior any more I beleive??? The sandy/golden coloured seats, and latte carpet in the elegenza...

i hope its interior changes and not exterior, tbh the GP is far better looking then most cars on the road!! it doesnt need a "facelift" and... the mk2b was not as nice looking as a MK2 it was hardly an improvement! (even tho i own a mk2B)

does that mean if it gets a facelift in the summer the older models will be a bit cheaper? am saving up to buy a second hand GP

There isn't goin to be a faelift in the summer it won't be happening until at least next year, i'll put a tenner down on it. :eek:

I've heard 2009 banded around for the facelift whether there's any truth in that or not remain to be seen.

I think Fiat should work on upgrading the trim level/spec of the GP rather than changing the looks. Dropping the 1.2L and adding a 1.6 or 1.8L Petrol to pad out the range a bit would be good as well.

I don't think they should change any of it, it is just perfect the way it is, fiat did a facelft on the Mk2 and in my opinion it was horrible.

Last edited:
I don't think they should change any of it, it is just perfect the way it is, fiat did a facelft on the Mk2 and in my opinion it was horrible.

Yeah wasn't as nice.(n) I must admit I like my car a lot. the 1.2L is good enough for me as I'm just coming up to my test. I'm not the best or most confident driver yet so it's trong enough for me and cheap to run and insure.

It's a stunning car too. Just spent £150 on a new hose and half of Autoglym's range:D

Probably will drop a little bit, wouldn't expect loads though as the GP is already cheap compared to rivals. Good choice on getting a GP though, I love mine:D

well seen as im earning a bit more money and ive like the GP's for a while i thought id save up for one.

ill book a test drive in one to see what theyre like to drive.

would only be looking at a 1.2 sport model, but then that depends on the insurance as to whether i get a GP or a mk2

There isn't goin to be a faelift in the summer it won't be happening until at least next year, i'll put a tenner down on it. :eek:

bet taken the grande punto will be revised inside and outside this year.i know you dont want that because your just a new owner,but it will because it has too.spec to old in a budget car not to be refreshed mid life facelift most cars shelf life is 5yrs so grande punto being 2 years old last week coinside with a face lift this autumn;)

The abarth will be the first to arrive with the "newer look" from then onwards the abarth style will filter to the other Puntos, (abit like what seat did with its Ibizas, the Cupra and FR had a grille change then the rest of the models changed)

I woundnt worry to much tho, the facelift will only be a few things mainly the lower front bumper, but all these parts will be availble to fit on current shapes as a replacement (should you want to fork out and turn your GP to the facelift version)

The abarth will be the first to arrive with the "newer look" from then onwards the abarth style will filter to the other Puntos, (abit like what seat did with its Ibizas, the Cupra and FR had a grille change then the rest of the models changed)

I woundnt worry to much tho, the facelift will only be a few things mainly the lower front bumper, but all these parts will be availble to fit on current shapes as a replacement (should you want to fork out and turn your GP to the facelift version)

Where is this sourced from?

I have my contacts!! haha

have my information from Fiat Woodleighs of Chesterfield, (dont trust the internet if full of confickting ideas!!!) but then again your reading my message on the internet so...

serious note, I have known these guys for a while now, and when I recently got my fiat as asked about the facelift, there is no dates yet for the other models, but my prediction is end of the year to early next year.

(hows your Italian?? one tip is to contact fiat HQ and enquire?)

I have my contacts!! haha

have my information from Fiat Woodleighs of Chesterfield, (dont trust the internet if full of confickting ideas!!!) but then again your reading my message on the internet so...

serious note, I have known these guys for a while now, and when I recently got my fiat as asked about the facelift, there is no dates yet for the other models, but my prediction is end of the year to early next year.

(hows your Italian?? one tip is to contact fiat HQ and enquire?)

So basically its your prediction based on what a fiat salesman has told you?

I don't trust what alot of saleman say, I am by no means generalising but I know a few car salesman, and I know the games they play.

Then again I could be wrong and you could be very well informed.

I doubt fiat HQ would tell you much. My italian only goes as far as '600 sovereign black please'

I've heard 2009 banded around for the facelift whether there's any truth in that or not remain to be seen.

I think Fiat should work on upgrading the trim level/spec of the GP rather than changing the looks. Dropping the 1.2L and adding a 1.6 or 1.8L Petrol to pad out the range a bit would be good as well.

Doesn't need a 1.6 thats T-Jet power and the abarth will be the equal of a 2L
Different engine blocks cost money so I reckon Fiat are just going to use the 1.4 in a few different specs instead of completely different engines.
Expect the 1.3 and 1.9 diesels to be dropped from the line up eventually for the new 1.6 MJTD.
All this is speculation by the way. ;)

Edit: Those of us in sales have been given no information about the facelift yet. Which for Fiat means it could be out in 2 months or 2 years.

Last edited:
No, not a saleman, the owner, Without delving in my my history too much, My family are close friends with the owner, he informed me of the facelift in the first place in our local Pub! lol!

He maybe wrong he even admitted this but im just giving you my account. Up to you what you want to believe.

I can say "Bonjouro" thats about it

Back