F199 SM2 MP3 audio chip broken

Currently reading:
F199 SM2 MP3 audio chip broken

fejzbucin

Hi,
i managed to blow power amp IC inside my '12 punto. Chip is broken and burned in the middle so i can't see what is the correct name..

It says something
O94OOO--
GK0PQBC---
CHN K

Please help with some info

Thanks

I tried to add some amp over the speaker out, used homemade atenutor to lower the signal to line out.. Something went wrong and it blown

Unit is Grande punto MP3, code name F199 SM2 MP3

HW and SW version can't tell at this time, because i don't have unit at home

Yes it is quad amp, i assume TDA7xxx

Last edited:
Ok.. sometimes it's happen, but electronics make only one firework before dead... :(

For your amplifier, now its important to identify PINs on your board and find the functions. The easiest are outputs, directly connected to the connector.
Once you unsoldered the chip, you can power on the unit and find power supply pins (usually quite easy, with fat track coming to them.
Perhaps you can identify analog audio in (you can validate with headphone).

And with all the PIN you can identify, you have to check if the new chip is the same : it has to be pin to pin compatible.
More PINs you compare, more chance you have to make it working. :)

Ok.. Chip is out, we put new one inside, decided for TDA7386... Everything works fine, except, when power on by ignition, or radio button, there is a speaker pop noise like one that can be heard on older amps...

All TDA chips have standby and mute functions, so probably chip itself is malfunctioned..

Also, this chip is 4X40W, so for the same volume, output power is much bigger

I assume, that the original chip is actually TDA7385(4x30W version)

What do you think is causing pop noise when turning on???

Nice you already changed it :)

For pop noise, you should check the value of SVR capacitor mounted on board (SVR is PIN 6).
And check values for resistors and capacitors on PINs 4 & 22 (standby & mute).

Will try to check caps on these pins.. SVR is pin 10 actually :)
Do you think that this pop noise is caused by wrong chip.. If wright chip is TDAxxxx, something else???

I have found on other forum a upgrade of an older grande punto unit.. F199 IN unit.. It had Tda7385.. So i assume that they didnt changed the chip inside my unit

Back