General Extended warranty issue.. Eughhh

Currently reading:
General Extended warranty issue.. Eughhh

Carvirgin

When I purchased my used punto I received a years extended warranty from that garage. I have found a problem with the car that involves me needing a new indicator stalk, I haven't received any documents to prove I have this extended warranty, can I still take it to a Fiat garage? I've contacted the garage I bought the car from but they are so slow in taking action.

Really need some help. thanks

No idea who the warranty is actually with?

Get on the blower to Consumer Direct (Google them). They'll give you some advice on how best to proceed.

ring Fiat and give them your registration and they should be able to tell you whether its still under warranty.

If it's not, and you don't have a 'proper' warranty from somebody like Warranty Direct or whatever they are called, then you need to pop into the dealer who sold you the car. Some used car dealers will say they warrant the car, but if you have nothing in writing, you may have nothing in terms of a warranty. Hope it all works out. How old is the car?

When I purchased my used punto I received a years extended warranty from that garage. I have found a problem with the car that involves me needing a new indicator stalk, I haven't received any documents to prove I have this extended warranty, can I still take it to a Fiat garage? I've contacted the garage I bought the car from but they are so slow in taking action.

Really need some help. thanks
No real help to you. However, a warning to others. Do not trust car sales patter. They are only interested in your hard earned cash. They do not give a **** after they have your cash. Some of these parasites will promise you, whatever.
Some of you guys really do need to get real and understand you are potential victims.

Just a little update, The car is being repaired on Wednesday free of charge, had to ring around and nag before I could actually get some kind of outcome. Hopefully my indicator stalk needs reprogramming and not a replacement so it should only take a few hours to repair.

Back