General Extend warranty

Currently reading:
General Extend warranty

Would anyone know if I can extend my warranty I bought my 595 Abarth Anniversario in November 2022 from an Abarth dealer with 12 month Spotycar warranty that is covered by any Fiat garages, having read the problems & cost of repairs regarding duologic auto boxes I think it would be worth while taking out another warranty this year (from Nov). Have any readers taken out an extended warranty on a car 2015 with 24 k miles on?

My worry would be even if you could get a warranty that covered every part of "the automatic gearbox " the cost of repair wouldn't be worth it, eg they wouldn't buy a brand new box for a 8 year old car ?
I'd worry about that too.

I'm sure it's easy enough to buy a warranty. If the worst did happen, successfully making a claim against that warranty is another matter entirely.

Would anyone know if I can extend my warranty I bought my 595 Abarth Anniversario in November 2022 from an Abarth dealer with 12 month Spotycar warranty that is covered by any Fiat garages, having read the problems & cost of repairs regarding duologic auto boxes I think it would be worth while taking out another warranty this year (from Nov). Have any readers taken out an extended warranty on a car 2015 with 24 k miles on?
Don’t bother with a warranty, we had an RAC warranty and they did not want to pay anything until they gearbox was completely stripped down and then they only paid half the bill, I wouldn’t worry about it till something goes wrong and there are a few mechanics on here that are really good and don’t change stupid prices

True, but very few of them can work with dualogic transmissions. That's the elephant in the room here, and on an 8yr old car, a risk that probably can't be fully mitigated.
Yeah that’s what went wrong with my wife’s one, I got the gearbox refurbished by a company up north, they basically strip and rebuild and replace worn parts for around £600

Yeah that’s what went wrong with my wife’s one, I got the gearbox refurbished by a company up north, they basically strip and rebuild and replace worn parts for around £600
C D motors is the name of the company, all of the fiat specialties we went to just wouldn’t Evan consider repairing it and wanted 3k to replace it

I am based in Bedfordshire , I am being a little negative as touch wood my gearbox is working 100% but having read about the problems of the gearbox it worries me re the future, hence should I take out an insurance policy or know I can find a competent repairer for the future which you obviously found.
As I say hopefully I am worrying about nothing. It would be interesting of how many people have actually had problems with their D/Logic gearbox perhaps the forum could do a poll YES we have or NO we have not had problems. Barry

This post contains affiliate links which may earn a commission at no additional cost to you.
Back