Technical expensive glowplugs!

Currently reading:
Technical expensive glowplugs!

patch201

During the big freeze my glowplugs gave up the ghost so I put my Doblo into a local Nationwide Autocentre that I use for my servicing,the charge was £212
as they had to retap two plugs! I thought that this was a wee bit expensive so I just wondered what anyone else thinks?PS my engine warning light still stays on!:confused:

I have no idea I'm afraid. What I do know is that my car is beginning to take a few churns to get going when cold. It had a new battery two years ago and has done 67 thou. Is it my glow plugs I wonder; how long should they last?

They should last about 60.000 miles as I know, but it depends I believe on the number of cold starts, in a colder region they should last less then in a warm one. The kind of use (city. highway) should also influence the number of starts and, consequently, their life.

Hi on diesels they do recommend they get changed around the 60,000, mine are getting done at 57000, but that was my choice as having a new engine put in. the glow plugs normally cost between 15 and 25 and if they had to rebore that does jack the price up a bit, also those places arent exactly cheap, couldnt you have got a local mechnic to do them

Back