Technical Exhaust Tip on Evo MyLife

Currently reading:
Technical Exhaust Tip on Evo MyLife

All60Horses

So I really like the oval/oblong/rectangular type tips on some of the Evo's and GBT's, and I bought one of eBay for £20. It is a used one that's just been chopped off a parts car. It now seems to be a bit of a task to fit, either got to get an adapter and do a bit of chopping, or get it welded at an exhaust shop.

However, I have seen that there are replacement back boxes that have the tip already installed, but they're for a Grande 1.4. From the basic diagram, the hangar locations look the same as a stock 1.2 box, I'm just a bit concerned about bumper clearance? It's hard to tell whether the exit is going sideways or down? (optical illusion possibly lol) I'll link them below, a bit of advice would be appreciated:

Stock 1.2 box:
1638652491736.png

Grande 1.4 back box with tip:
1638652759928.png

Update:

No, it does not fit.

After taking the back box off I discovered it was knackered and all the wiggling to separate it from the main pipe had also ruined the flexi-joint.

Put the Grande box on and it sat on the hangars but appeared to interfere with the bumper.

After installing a new, correct back-box I noticed it pivots slightly until it is assembled with the centre pipe, so there might actually be a chance it fits.

Nevertheless, I've returned the Grande box and am going to have to probably weld the tip on.

Back