General Exhaust issue, smoke in the car

Currently reading:
General Exhaust issue, smoke in the car

carlos321

Hi

I have a 2003 Ulysse jtd, about 2 months ago i had exhaust smokes entering the cabin, the leaking was coming fron a loosen joint between manifold and cat, i tighted it and no more fumes but at the same time i could not feel the turbo bursting anymore. Now i have the fumes back in the car and the turbo pushing again. Could it be a clogged exhaust and if yes which exhaust part (cat, silencerb box), how do i know please help i do not want buy the wrong part.

Thanks

If it was a clogged exhaust (soot filter?) you should have had a warning about it?
Unless the pressure sensor has been bypassed in the past?
If it is a particle filter blocked I think that's in the large lump in the exhaust under the drivers seat. I think that also has the CAT in it and the particle filter is in front of the exhaust.

If it was a clogged exhaust (soot filter?) you should have had a warning about it?
Unless the pressure sensor has been bypassed in the past?
If it is a particle filter blocked I think that's in the large lump in the exhaust under the drivers seat. I think that also has the CAT in it and the particle filter is in front of the exhaust.

Thanks Pat

Unfortunately my multidisplay screen is not working and i cannot get any warning information from there, also no warning lights on the display on the steering wheel (this one is working ok). I think my car comes without the big particle filter, when i went under the car (2.0 jtd) to tighten the joint i saw only a simple normal size Cat which comes after the manifold, strangely there are no sensors attached to it.

Back