General Exhaust and Air Filter questions

Currently reading:
General Exhaust and Air Filter questions

dpallot

Sk8 4 Life!
ive got a Cinqy sx 899cc. firstly, whats the difference between an induction kit and an air filter (if there is one). And secondly, would fitting an induction kit/air filter to my car, along with a new performance exhaust help give the engine a little more grunt?!

An air filter will sit inside the existing box, an induction kit usually replaces the box with something else.

A simple way to deal with the 899 is to obtain a cone filter that will mount directly in place of your filter box.

Exhausts are a different problem, you can up the size of the exhaust, that certainly makes it sound louder and, according to those that have them majes the car feel qicker. The manifold is, however, quite restrictive in its design so I have a suspicion that the extra noise just makes the car seem faster.

Cheers

D

i had a 899 Sx with a k&n induction kit and a one off peco backbox it sounded very nice and it did improve the power to some extent BUT i was having to rev the car so that i used all available revs etc so its up to you it WONT make it like a sporting so dont epect it to

wayne

cheers guys, i think i'll jus save 4 a cinq sporting or a new car then instead of messing about with the current engine!

just so your not totally put off (wasnt meaning to) my sx was still a damn good car and even now i dont think it was that slow persoanlly i have owned 2 cinq sportings and my main car is a 53 reg seat arosa 1.4 Si and to be fair my old cinq would have a go at any of them just wouldnt win ;) depends what you want in a car i had my sx for 2 years and only ever had to do a cv boot whereas the arosa (vag group) has been in and out the dealers a few times so dont think a newer car will be better or indeed faster

wayne

Back