Styling exact offset

Currently reading:
Styling exact offset

what the exact off set for the cinq? i read in offical publications that the offset is ET36 heard on here and other places that the ET is 29, ppl puting anET35 on the front but need ET29 on the back;)[?];) its so confusing and fustrating[:(!]:)
can anyone help me please[?][?][?][?]

karl
96 cinq 900 sx

basically its because there is nothing around the front wheel for the wheel to catch on therefor it isnt to critical

but at the back the wheel will catch on the suspension arm if the offset is not correct and so the wheel will need pushing out by a spacer in order to clear this

i just got my alloys today and they are et 35 and so i need spacers but the only place round here selling them are halfrauds who stock 9mm spacers and thats it

mysig.gif

is there anywhere on the net that sells 6mm spacer at a good price??

also how can i find out hte length of wheel bolt that i need
will standard fiat alloy wheel bolts fit as they said they didnt know

thanks lads

mysig.gif

No i meant minimum, it can get quite confusing this offset malarky but i'll try and explain.
The lower the offset the more the wheel sticks out.

The offset is the distance from the surface which touchs the brake drum or on the from the brake disk to the centre of the alloy.
If you add 3mm spacers onto a 35mm alloys like i have, it reduces the offset as the surface of the alloy which mounts onto the car is made bigger by 3mm so the surface is then 3mm closer to the centre of the alloy hence the offset is reduced.
Get it???

My Car is now for sale, A total one-off, head turning bargin!!!​

Exactly - so you need a maximum of 32 on the back. Anything higher, and it will be brought too far into the car.

A minimum of 32 would mean that anything higher will fit, which is the wrong way round.

<blockquote id="quote"> face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by Luciano

A minimum of 32 would mean that anything higher will fit, which is the wrong way round.
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

Eh? you could have wheels with 20mm offset if you wanted and they would still fit, i don't get what your saying. [:eek:)]

CENTO - exactly!!!!!!

You said "You will need a minimum offset of 32mm on the rear".

and then you go onto say that ET20 would fit! (quite right)

So I was correct, ET32 is the maximum offset, NOT the minimum!

i can get my 9 mm spacers machined down to wotever i like so shall i get 3mm taken off them to make them 6mm and the offset 29 or shall i get 6mm taken off them to give an offset 32 or does it really not make a damn bit of difference as long as the wheels fit!?

thats right
but i wouldnt buy wheels with an offset of bigger than 35 cos then u will need large spacers and theres no point when wheels with a smaller offset are readily available infact i know tsw do an offset of 30 and do 4x98 so you would be able to put them straight on no worries

Yeah thats right but i found most wheels come in 35mm offset so you'll need 3mm spacers at least on the rear

Back