Technical ESP/ASR problem

Currently reading:
Technical ESP/ASR problem

jarmotorsport

Hi, recently purchased 2003 JTD ulysee 2 litre and having problems with the ESP/ASR. When the light comes on goes into limp mode. have discovered the light only comes on when going down hill when lifting foot of trottle and the engine is holding back. if i clutch and brake the light does not come on. If anyone has any help or suggestions, it would be greatly appreciated.

Alastair

Hi just an update on esp/asr problem after trying a few local garages who could not find the problem i took the car to fiat who spent two hours working on it and could not find the problem either they said it looked like it needed a new ecu at around £1000 they needed the car back for four hours to check wires so made the appointment before leaving i made it clear that if they fitted a new ecu and it didnt solve the problem i would not be paying for it about an hour later i got a phone call to cancel appointment as technician would be off that day so i just put up with the problem until last week i was passing a local independant peugeot mechanic so called in told him what the car was doing and he thought the car needed a new fuel regulater so left car and picked it up next day £120 for second hand regulater and £40 to fit guess what problem solved have driven 400 miles since without any faults. hope this may be of help to other forum users. thanks alastair.

Back