eper ads

Currently reading:
eper ads

It's giving me ads for 123-reg, and I spent a lot of the last few days looking at 123-reg's webhosting deals.

It looks like they're serving ads from one of the companies who use cookie tracking - your cookies give away the sites you've been looking at in the last few days / weeks, so they try to serve you related ads.

To test the theory, I just browsed to Mr Clutch and tried eper again - I then get Mr Clutch ads.

So if you're getting ads from them, it's probably because you've been on their website recently. Clear your cookies and they'll go away :)

i have hardly any cookies stored for IE i only use it for eper and elearn.
That would probably explain it. If it's not tracked you at other retailers then it'll probably pick what it considers the most relevant ads from its list, based on the content of the page.
Try browsing around a bit in IE and see if the ads change.

The code that displays these adds is:

<div style="position: absolute; left: 830px; top: 20px; height: 100%;">
<script type="text/javascript"><!--
google_ad_client = "ca-pub-3379779656896313";
/* Eper Skyscraper */
google_ad_slot = "9249638137";
google_ad_width = 160;
google_ad_height = 600;
//-->
</script>
<script type="text/javascript"
src="http://pagead2.googlesyndication.com/pagead/show_ads.js">
</script>

A simple solution for you/others is to add googlesyndication to your HOSTS file

Something like

127.0.0.1 pagead2.googlesyndication.com

This will tell windows/linux/network to replace all references to pagead2.googlesyndication.com to be replaced with/mapped to 127.0.0.1

127.0.0.1 is your machine so nothing will be loaded other than your browser saying it can display the target URL. Will also speed your ePER sessions up.

Looks like Ben (forum owner) made the decision to have ads on the ePER link. No doubt he gets some modest revenue for doing this that goes to help pay for the site hosting and traffic feed.

Guess you need to talk to Ben.

mrclutch.com IP address is 46.137.73.107

Maybe putting that in your hosts file will remove the MrClutch ads. Might make you feel a little better ;)

Back