General engine

Currently reading:
General engine

jeffuk13

Hi I have a 99 1.9td model and have thick black sludge in the radiator, the heaters have stopped, I think its the head gasket if so how much should i be looking at to repair or shall I scrap and start saving for a new 1, cheers
Jeff

Hi

It does sound like the head gasket. Its not a really big job-its deff worth repairing so dont scrap it. A garage would prob charge aound £250 to do it.

Rich

richcinq said:
Hi

It does sound like the head gasket. Its not a really big job-its deff worth repairing so dont scrap it. A garage would prob charge aound £250 to do it.

Rich
Does anybody know in the Kent area for this much i.e Dover/Deal as I just had a quote for £800-£1000:confused:

HI

I am near Maidstone. If you give me all the details of the car I can get the required parts from a mate at Piper's Fiat Maidstone, come to you and do the job cheaper than that if you are interested?

let me know-cheers Rich.

Hi let me me know how much etc please my car is a 1.9td 1999 model
cheers
Jeff

I can do it for £250 plus parts which I will provide all papers for and I get good prices on parts. I came come to you or anywhere you want.

Rich

Hi if you let me know how much for parts and when you can do it please
Jeff

well he promised to come to do it on sunday and never turned up, a bit worried as he's e-mailed me quite a bit and then nothing hope Rich is ok

Back