Technical Engine swap

Currently reading:
Technical Engine swap

cro_gandalf

Hi to all.

I have one short question, but i would like to recieve few long answers :)

I was thinking about swaping engines. Take out my 1,9 D, and put there 2,5 v6 from Alfa Romeo 155. What do you think about that?

AR 155 and Fiat Tempra are based on Fiat Tipo platform, so i'm thinking that could be easy...

Greeting from Croatia.
and sorry for bad english :D

possible, but why?

the 155 is a great looking car! the only advantage to the tempra being lower drag coefficient and it can come in estate form. if you're determined to do it (i hope you use an already written off/broken 155) someone in the tipo section is putting one into his 1.6 i think it is.

personally i'd rather have the 155 v6 its a better car than a tempra/tipo as it's aimed at a higher market

yes. but...

i love my tempra, and i hate 65 dead horses under the hood. 100 HP more will be enought :)
and 2,5 v6 have 165 HP :)

make sure you upgrade the suspension/brakes. and enjoy it(y)

Right, upgrading the brake system is a MUST if he makes the swap, hey, the car will go MUCH faster with that engine!
Also, better shock absorbers should be installed I think, "harder" than stock ones.

On my previous Tempra estate I transplanted the 2 litre turbo engine from a Dedra and later the transmission and four wheel drive system from a Delta. What made it all a little easier was starting off with a 2.0 ie as these have uprated brakes and suspension already.

Anything is possible and there are some very wild Tempra conversions especially in Brazil.

brakes and suspension is priority. i know that :)
and i'm looking on some italian web pages for that. in croatia we don't have lots of (i could say) exotic stuff... all what we have is too expensive for our standard :(

brazil. yeah, i saw some tempras :)

i don't know how fast it will go with new engine... yesterday i was traveling from zagreb to rijeka (highway), and my speed was 120 - 150 km/h. mostly i was driving about 130 km/h. and thats OK for 65 HP :eek::eek::eek:

thanks to all for answers (y)

Last edited:
i don't know how fast it will go with new engine... yesterday i was traveling from zagreb to rijeka (highway), and my speed was 120 - 150 km/h. mostly i was driving about 130 km/h. and thats OK for 65 HP :eek::eek::eek:

With my 86 HP, the top speed is around 175-180 km/h, running on LPG. I suppose that, being Tempra quite lightweight, you could do some 220 km/h or even more with the new engine but, more important, the acceleration would incredibly improve!

Hello, I was browsing through the forum and noticed this thread.

I almost bought a 2.5 v6 155 Alfa the other day.
I noticed the following.
The chassis is Tipo/marea/bravo/coupe

The brakes are Fiat 20v
as are most of the other mechanicals

The suspension appears to be coupe 20v N/A

The exhaust other than the back box is Fiat 20v.
the whole car other than the engine, body panels, some wiring looms and interior is a Bravo HGT, Marea 20v and Coupe 20v

Back