General Engine mounts?

Currently reading:
General Engine mounts?

I've finally found a mechanic who I like and I can trust... He heads a garage full of old jaguars that he works on and just seems like an honest capable chap, so I am happy.. Just got my car back today and all is good..

He told me that the mounts of the gearbox need replacing, ideally all of them. Apparently this will give the car a more solid feel which is what I've been desperate for..

So, does anyone have any spare gearbox mounts? Or know where I can get them from.. He said he can swap them over for £120 but the tricky part is finding replacements.

Any help here will be gratefully received.

Cheers,
Matt

Agree with PH, cheap and easy to find (there is one underneath for gearbox and two at top for engine). About a tenner each. Single bolt for the bottom one (I didn't need to change the top ones).

With the car supported properly, I put it into reverse with foot hard on brake and let clutch up a little to move the engine back enough to align bolt to insert new one.

Agree with PH, cheap and easy to find (there is one underneath for gearbox and two at top for engine). About a tenner each. Single bolt for the bottom one (I didn't need to change the top ones).

With the car supported properly, I put it into reverse with foot hard on brake and let clutch up a little to move the engine back enough to align bolt to insert new one.

You must have long arms :p :D

Back