Technical Engine Mount for Fiat Ducato 244 2.8 JTD

Currently reading:
Technical Engine Mount for Fiat Ducato 244 2.8 JTD

derHenk

Recently, the bolts of my engine mount broke. Roadside assistance made a temporary repair. Now, I want to fix it properly with OEM quality. I'm talking about the mount on the driver's side.

Here's the issue: The mount has three attachment points on the engine side. Yes, all three are broken and were improperly fitted with unsuitable screws by the previous owner. According to my research, I need to use part number 1346458080 (M10x1.25x90) twice for two of the points. Unfortunately, I couldn't find a part number for the third point. Regrettably, I don't know what the original setup looks like. On the internet, I found pictures where the third attachment point has a stud bolt.
Is this how it is in OE ?
Is it available separately?
If not, what type of screw can I use as a replacement ? I assume something like M10x1.25x70 would work ?

Welcome to the forum derHenk.

Is your vehicle RHD?
I have checked the RHS mounting bolt heads on my 2006 x244 2.8jtd.
Tensile strength marking is 8.8, so use that as a minimum.
Size across flats is 17mm, so that suggests M10 bolts.
However, I think from observation that the thread is M10 fine thread, that is M10 x 1.0.

You mention M10 x 1.25. I do not have this thread in my list. Please confirm that it is an accepted standard.

I can confirm that the inner fixing is a stud. Which again looks like M10 fine thread I cannot help with length unless I remove it. I am not eager to do that as due to the brake servo and pipes above on RHD vehicle, I have previously had to use an assortment of socket extrensions when tightening to required torque.

Attachments

• RH Engine Mounting.pdf
    162.5 KB · Views: 50
Size across flats is 17mm, so that suggests M10 bolts.
However, I think from observation that the thread is M10 fine thread, that is M10 x 1.0.

You mention M10 x 1.25. I do not have this thread in my list. Please confirm that it is an accepted standard.

I can confirm that the inner fixing is a stud. Which again looks like M10 fine thread I cannot help with length unless I remove it. I am not eager to do that as due to the brake servo and pipes above on RHD vehicle, I have previously had to use an assortment of socket extrensions when tightening to required torque.

For clarification :
M10 Coarse is M10 x 1.5 (17mm hex head)

Therefore M10 Fine = 10 x 1.25 (probably a 15mm hex)

These are ISO standards.. No guarantee how FIAT have treated this 🤔

For clarification :

My thread gauge tells me that it's indeed a 1.25 pitch. This is in line with openPER data

@Communicator:
Thanks for the tensile strength rateing.

As my stud is broken as well i will search for a shorter bolt. Once i drilled out the leftovers i can mesure length myself. Seems like it's never going to be OEM like ;)

Does anyone have torque specs ?

For clarification :

@varesecrazy ,
Thanks for the correction. It revealed an error in my self compiled metric bolt chart, originally made to indicate DIN and ISO spanner sizes, plus hex allen key dimensions. 1.0mm is a recognised extra fine pitch for M10 threads.
My chart gives the ISO spanner size for an M10 bolt as 16mm, while the DIN standard is 17mm.
The bolt heads and nuts on my x244 2.8jtd engine mountings are 17mm, the DIN standard.

Back