Technical engine management system

Currently reading:
Technical engine management system

baz10

we have been informed by our local dealer that our 2 year old punto's management system has gone on the blink and they tell us that it will cost £700.00 for a new one. Is this a common problem or would we be able to make aclaim against fiat for the new one.

For £700 I would be prepared to take it up with Fiat HQ - 2 years is no time at all for this kind of failure.
I have heard about a 'goodwill policy' run by Fiat whereby they would pay for part of the repairs on 'unusual' failures like this.

If it's only 2 years old, is it not still covered under the warranty?

Pete.
Cinq sporting
http://mysite.freeserve.com/close_to_cracking_up/
ICQ 128053114

we have been informed by our local dealer that our 2 year old punto's management system has gone on the blink and they tell us that it will cost £700.00 for a new one. Is this a common problem or would we be able to make aclaim against fiat for the new one.
I have a Fiat Stillo and have had the same problem for the past 2 years as Fiat are refusing to accept the car has faults. I have investigated this and the Fiat Stilo (First Model) is all over the net with this problem. I purchased a second hand System fronm the UK and Fiat say they do not have a deblocking code so my 17,000€ has gone down the drain and they are refusing to help. This includes the head office in Italy. I will also like all to know that Fiat said the problem was with my injectors, they replced all and charged me 1200 euros for the privalige - however this was not the problem and they refuse to put things right GREAT Customer service - Good Luck

Back