Technical Engine Light On

Currently reading:
Technical Engine Light On

msm3

Hi,
I've got a 10 plate T-Jet 120 Dynamic Dualogic. It has been sitting for a week and when I started it today, there was a clunk and the display went mad. First it said "check engine" and the engine light came on. It then said "Hill holder unavailable" and then 'ESP unavailable". It automatically went into limp mode and would not go above 12mph. I turned it off and on and the hill holder and ESP cleared, limp mode also stopped. I now have a Bravo that appears to run normally but the engine light is still on. Any ideas?

Sounds like your battey had just enough power for the car to attempt a start and then promptly died with failing battery power and this caused the various ECUs to throw wobblys.

If the fault that cuased the engine light to come on has gone then the car will eventually clear the light down itself. Could take five or move drive cycles with each cycle lasting 10 to 20 minutes.

If if fails to go out then you'll need someone to check the fault code and capture data and then clear the error code for you.

Sounds like the errors which have since cleared are due to the battery. I know after I disconnected and reconnected my battery I got these errors. As for the engine warning that could clear over the next few drives as already said.

If it doesn't take it in to be checked out. I'd maybe also consider thinking about a new battery if it does anything like this again.

If everything is ok the check engine light will go off after a few starts/drives. Wait (and hope) for this to happen before taking action, if you dont trust it take the car back to the dealer under warranty as suggested before.

Good luck!

Back