Technical EML

Currently reading:
Technical EML

Evad58

Hi i am completely new to this ( only joined today ) as it happens, i drive a 20 plate 1.6 diesel Tipo SW lounge, my EML has come on with CHECK ENGINE msg, spoke to a dealer , who told me it could be DPF, i ran a couple of junctions down the motorway, 65mph in 5th gear, msg still present, car runs fine except stop start has turned off, and it looks like battery is only 50% charged , could this cause the EML to come on? Also i have notice that the gear number has gone off (not sure if relevant)

Hi i am completely new to this ( only joined today ) as it happens, i drive a 20 plate 1.6 diesel Tipo SW lounge, my EML has come on with CHECK ENGINE msg, spoke to a dealer , who told me it could be DPF, i ran a couple of junctions down the motorway, 65mph in 5th gear, msg still present, car runs fine except stop start has turned off, and it looks like battery is only 50% charged , could this cause the EML to come on? Also i have notice that the gear number has gone off (not sure if relevant)
A lot of warnings appear when the battery is either low or has a faulty cell. Bad battery voltage on modern Fiats always seem to trigger random warning lights etc. I had a faulty battery on a 500X at 13 months with a duff cell. I’ve also had various warning lights on my Tipo when battery was very low during lockdown.I would deffo charge battery then get it tested.

A lot of warnings appear when the battery is either low or has a faulty cell. Bad battery voltage on modern Fiats always seem to trigger random warning lights etc. I had a faulty battery on a 500X at 13 months with a duff cell. I’ve also had various warning lights on my Tipo when battery was very low during lockdown.I would deffo charge battery then get it tested.
thanks Barkydog, i will try that

Back