Electrics Fault

Currently reading:
Electrics Fault

N

neoMan240

Hi guys,

I hope you could help me on this on:
I have a Fiat Bravo 2001 for some time and recently it's developed a classic earthing problem. When you apply the left indicator and the headlights are on at the same time, you notice that the rear light cluster bulbholder flashes everything except the rear left indicator. When you turn off the headlights and leave the rear left signal indicator on - everything is fine, only the left signal is on.
I have inspected that bulbholder closer and the wiring connector is slightly melted and rusted.
Now, what can I do to fix that? Can I replace the wiring connector? How much of the wiring do I need to replace? At the same time, I'm a bit scared of disconnecting the negative terminal of the battery as I haven't got the master key in case all the settings get resetted (apparently it's needed to code the ignition keys into the ECU)

Regards

You wont have any problem with the Key if you disconnect the battery i have done this with only the blue key and no issues....

I would probably go a scrapy find a decent connector and cut back the wires at least 6" so you have plenty to play with and use male\female wire joints to reconnect use tape insulator on each wire and then round all of the wires.....

P010810_075601.jpg

Was gona say what Karl said.

If there was a like button I'd click like lol :D