Technical Electrical window driver side

Currently reading:
Technical Electrical window driver side

The idea behind the anti-trap sensor is to stop the window going up and, on Stilo's anyway (haven't tested Grande's yet), actually send it back down to prevent trapped fingers- hence the name!:rolleyes:

We've had a couple at our place (window not responding correctly/ only going up or jerking), and all were fixed with a new switch. There's no ECU in the door, it's all controlled internally in the switch. In fact, the first car we came across with this fault, all I did whilst testing was disconnect the switch for 10mins and refit (after testing feeds/ earths/ etc). After this the fault stopped. We rebooked the customer and replaced the switch anyway, though they reported the fault never returned in the meantime.

Just worth a try.(y)

Thanks D4nny8boy, really wana avoid taking my door to bits but I will get a hex driver kit and take the plunge, any tips on dismantling and re-assembly?

I used to think it was when it rained or when I washed the car but happens when the weather is dry too.

Is it dodgy connectors like the old Stilo airbag deal when moving the passenger seat?

The window thing and the slight rattle from the driver side seatbelt / door lock mechanism are the only 2 things bugging me after 5k miles.

1.9 GP Sporting Mjet. (y)

Thanx T14086 Mr Moderator... appreciate that... but I was hoping 2 kill 2 birds with 1 stone and stop me door lock rattling slightly at the same time. :)

Back