Technical electrical faults

Currently reading:
Technical electrical faults

andyman07

can anyone help me ? am puzzled,i have a a marea saloon on a 01 plate,the last couple of months i been having a prob with the electrics. the probs are as following, slow closing windows ,atemp gauge that is up and down more than a pro`s knickers,and the clock changes time even fastered.am at a lost on what the fault is even an auto spark cant find the fault . any one here had the same probs that can help please:bang: :bang:

Last edited:
slow windows are common, it usually happens when some fool decides to use an oil based lubricant on them such as wd40. you need a contact cleaner to remove the crap then use a silicone spray to lubricate them. that should get them moving at full speed again.

the temp gauge problem is very common. here's a guide to fix it: http://www.fiatboo.co.uk/photogal/guidepics/jumpingtempdial_2.pdf

if you mean the clock on the stereo, throw it in the bin and buy a better one.

slow windows are common, it usually happens when some fool decides to use an oil based lubricant on them such as wd40. you need a contact cleaner to remove the crap then use a silicone spray to lubricate them. that should get them moving at full speed again.

the temp gauge problem is very common. here's a guide to fix it: http://www.fiatboo.co.uk/photogal/guidepics/jumpingtempdial_2.pdf

if you mean the clock on the stereo, throw it in the bin and buy a better one.
thanks for the advice,i haven`t used wd40 or any other lubs on the windows,ive had the car since new ,all the probs ive given are intermitting.the clock is on the stereo and and loses time ie i can have the right time last nite and 2day it 12 hours slow or i can be driving and the time can change :confused:

Last edited:
Depending on which radio unit you have it colud be that the clock works off the RDS signal broadcast by the radio station. If the time signal changes then the clock on the stereo will also change.

Back