Technical electrical faults on marea weekender.

Currently reading:
Technical electrical faults on marea weekender.

barbel

hi guys,
ive lost power on the electric windows, side mirrors, back fog lights and rear window heater. can anyone help me.
thanks
dave.

check for damp on the rear light connector (try disconnecting it too) and also try cleaning with sandpaper the connections on the tailgate (3 of them you can see with boot open).

hi jug,
thanks for your help mate, just checked the rear light mate seems ok can't find the connections on the tailgate.
thanks
dave.

multiple failures are very rarely (never) a relay fault. you almost certainly have a short somewhere.

that is why i asked you to try with the boot open, if the boot contained the short you'd find everything else worked when the boot was isolated.

what you need to do now is the fuse removal method to identify the faulty circuit (same method used when diagnosing a house using circuit breakers)

we know the failed circuits are:
electric windows
side mirrors
back fog lights
rear window heater

if you can find no other failed circuits, you now know one of the above 4 circuits is causing the fault.

so try removing the fuse for each of the 4 seperately, when you reomve the fuse for one of the circuits everything else should start working again.

the fuse that is reomved when everything works is the fuse for the circuit that has the short.

do this test and let me know which cirucit is faulty, then we can decide how you should identify and repair the fault.

I just removed the n/s rear light cluster to change the reversing light bulb. The earth is taken in as a seperate black wire and pushes onto a spade on the chassis that supports all the bulb holders. You couldnt go wrong here so I dont think thats the problem. BTW10/10 Fiat, I was expecting a lost weekend and neck ache but it's a 10 minute job and only very light corrosion on the surface of 2 self tappers (treated greased and back in place). You can even use the wheel nut spanner in the toolkit to get the cluster off, and crystal clear instructions in the manual.

hi jug,
done it mate it was a 10a(mirrors) fuse that had blown which i somehow missed :bang: i only found it because you asked me to go throuth the fuses again(y) so thanks mate for all your help.
cheers
dave

Back