General ecu light on dash

Currently reading:
General ecu light on dash

floppy87

The ecu light comes on sometimes when goin over 3000rpm in mainly 3rd and 4th gear?! Mostly when dropping down and going to overtake. Once the light has come on it totally cuts out the turbo, (or it feels like it does), loss of power, i think it just goes into safety get you home mode.. The light goes off again once the engine is cold, and turbo works when engine warms.
Its just annoying and i would like to find out why and how to solve it so it doesnt do it anymore.
Its a 1.9 jtd by the way.
Any ideas would be great please. Thanks.

Have you noticed if it does it when firing the car up, i.e staying on for longer than 5secs or if you rev stood still (over 3000 as you say).

Usually an overboosting fault when ECU switches to Limp-mode under full load in higher gears.

Need to monitor boost pressure and related parameters in the ECU. Too many possibilties to guess at the answer.

Had the same problem on the 1.3 multijet engine. Found a faulty MAP sensor, replaced that and fault still remained... After alot of messing about, found gate valve in turbo blocked. Hope that helps

Cheers lads! Hasnt done it again since friday. Thinking of going to gt it plugged into diagnostics. If only i had my own!!

Back