Technical "Ecodrive is low..."

Currently reading:
Technical "Ecodrive is low..."

JimR123

My OH was driving the 500 earlier today and the car's voice said something about "Echo drive is low" (which I presume is actually "Eco-drive"), and a long message about ecodrive came up on the dashboard.

Anybody know what this message might be, or what it means?

My OH was driving the 500 earlier today and the car's voice said something about "Echo drive is low" (which I presume is actually "Eco-drive"), and a long message about ecodrive came up on the dashboard.

Anybody know what this message might be, or what it means?
Have you never filled up your Ecodrive when you've gone to the petrol station? :confused:

Just kidding, it's the USB stick that's filling up or you need to plug a USB stick in to free up memory in the car :)

Don't think it was anything to do with a USB stick, as she didn't have one plugged in :eek:

Have you never filled up your Ecodrive when you've gone to the petrol station? :confused:

Just kidding, it's the USB stick that's filling up or you need to plug a USB stick in to free up memory in the car :)

I just read this again...

Free up memory in the car?!?!?

Is this because it's trying to record ecodrive data, and has it's own temporary memory to use incase you forget to plug your stick in?

That's correct :)

Oh right. I didn't not know it had it's own memory. A couple of questions then, if you'd be so kind...

1. Is it possible to turn ecodrive off again? Is it on one of the menus?

2. How much memory does the 500 have built in?

3. Is it possible to upgrade the memory by flipping the 500 over and unscrewing a little compartment with a memory module in it?

4. Does putting a USB stick in move the data from the onboard memory to the USB stick, and delete it from the onboard?

as far as i was aware you have to install eco drive into the car via a USB stick from the ECO drive programme online.

the cars memory then records all your driving data on every journey using this...The USB stick can be used to transfer this data to your nominated PC, where it will analyse this via the ECO drive software downloaded from Fiat....

Had you installed it yo your car?

as far as i was aware you have to install eco drive into the car via a USB stick from the ECO drive programme online.

the cars memory then records all your driving data on every journey using this...The USB stick can be used to transfer this data to your nominated PC, where it will analyse this via the ECO drive software downloaded from Fiat....

Had you installed it yo your car?

That's what I understood.

Yes, I installed ecodrive by downloading the software on a PC with a USB stick, and then putting the USB stick into the car.

I thought it only recorded ecodrive data when you had the USB stick plugged in again. I got the impression that each person can have their own USB stick to track their own driving, and that it used the stick to identify who you are, as such.

So I'm not sure how it can stored ecodrive data without a stick, because it wouldn't know who's driving. Unless... maybe it logs other data, which isn't dependant on the individual driver, such as total miles, average mpgs, etc?

That's what I understood.

Yes, I installed ecodrive by downloading the software on a PC with a USB stick, and then putting the USB stick into the car.

I thought it only recorded ecodrive data when you had the USB stick plugged in again. I got the impression that each person can have their own USB stick to track their own driving, and that it used the stick to identify who you are, as such.

So I'm not sure how it can stored ecodrive data without a stick, because it wouldn't know who's driving. Unless... maybe it logs other data, which isn't dependant on the individual driver, such as total miles, average mpgs, etc?
It tells who is driving by who has their stick in.

Basically ecodrive records the data regardless of whether you have a stick in.

If you and your wife both drive, the next person to put their stick in will have it put onto that stick and it will go down as their driving.

It tells who is driving by who has their stick in.

Basically ecodrive records the data regardless of whether you have a stick in.

If you and your wife both drive, the next person to put their stick in will have it put onto that stick and it will go down as their driving.

Ah, I see! That makes perfect sense. I did think it was a bit rubbish that it only records stuff if you've got a stick in!

How do you turn ecodrive off? Can you speak it into your blue and me?

Back