Technical Eccentric wheel for FZD carb?

Currently reading:
Technical Eccentric wheel for FZD carb?

JumpJet

Established member
Gents,
Curious if anyone has fitted an eccentric wheel to the throttle arm of an FZD carb? Using the stock linkage location, you wind up with a pretty long lever arm that can make for a little jerky throttle action under load. An eccentric wheel would fix that and make it a bit more progressive, but I haven’t seen anyone do such a thing and I’ve come up with nothing trying to find one that might fit.

Anyone ever go this route? I’m fairly certain I’ve seen it on some twin Weber setups, but never just the wheel or on an FZD.

Attached is a pic showing the long moment arm of the modified linkage.

Thanks!

Attachments

• 1BFC3583-9D80-46DB-876E-0D80004361C3.jpeg
    1BFC3583-9D80-46DB-876E-0D80004361C3.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 84
Down a few google rabbit holes, I found this - https://dbilas-shop.com/en/intake-t...95/throttle-linkage-with-pulley-vw-1.5-1.8-8v

Looks to be the ticket, but a bit pricey to experiment with.
I also have a long throttle lever-arm with a ball-jointed link to the throttle---can't say I have ever had a jerky throttle action. Before you lash out on such an expensive experiment, try (a) shortening the lever and/or (b) adjusting the throttle cable (and link) so that you have more tension on the return spring when the throttle is at 'rest'. Looking at the picture, there would seem to be not a lot of initial tension on the throttle cable.

Back