Technical Earthing Points ?

Currently reading:
Technical Earthing Points ?

cyberscouse

Hi Goys I have a Crazy Problem and I keep dipping my hand into my pocket and am getting a bit fed up of it to be honest. First I must apologize to the sites moderators as i have posted a lot recently, I do hope some of these are for others use also.

In June/July i bought a 2009 Fiat bravo 2.0 Multijet 165.

Since I have had it i have replaced the following:
Brakes and disks
New lambda sensor
Took DPF off and jetwashed.
Found a split in the DPF pressure sensor hose x2 and replaced this.
New Glow Plugs x4
New injectors x2 following a leak off test.
I had the care remapped as the economy was garbage.
Replacement battery

I had the car looked at by an auto electrician and he cleaned the fuse box and some of the relays. He also did an alternator and battery test which all proved OK

I took out the said fuse box and cleaned every connection to and each foot of relays and fuses with some sandpaper to smarten up the contacts.

So what is going on........

Well my symptoms at the minute are predominantly electrical, worse when cold starting but now as frequent when car is hot also.

When I am accelerating the lights on the dash drop out and flicker for a second or two. The engine does not cut out and the car handling is the same. I also note that the left sidebulb warning light is staying on despite me replacing the bulb and this working correctly. A similar problem occurs when driving along merrily and flash someone to let them in etc, the stereo cuts out. Interestingly also and this may not be related when the car is running and I have the portable code reader plugged in the screen on that flickers, which i take to mean some kind of voltage instability........

the car intermittently throws up error messages like O2 sensor no/low signal or battery detatchement. It has even gone into limp mode during a DPF regeneration.

I am losing the will to live with what should be a great car.

I just wonder if the problems are electrical due to a bad wire/earth ?

can anyone point me to the location of the earthing points ? or offer any solutions (preferably that I can do myself)

all the best and merry christmas.

Mike

My bravo has some of those symptons. The stereo turns off sometimes when flashing the high beams and the dash screen and head unit screen both flicker on cold starts.

Hi mate I think I have gotten to the bottom of my electrical gremlins!!! Thought I would share my methods to help others.

So, looked at the negative pole on the battery and although the connections from the ECU and body etc were nice and tight; there was **** loads of corrosion, so I disconnected the Negative, stuck a wire brush on a bosch drill and cleaned all the earthing points to the battery.

The result of this is that the alternator now reads a steady voltage and the flickering has stopped when cold.....

hope this helps

MIke

Back