Technical Dump valves

Currently reading:
Technical Dump valves

Djw Dave

Im thinking of getting a dump valve kit for the Uno, just for a bit of banter really.

But my question is.

Do they work ok on the Uno with the MAF's. Any pros and cons of fitting one?

Cheers Dave :p

dump valves are great, esp at night whizzing past everyone PTTSSHHH!!! PTTSSHHH!!, better than the radio! but you must fit a twin piston jobbie on cars with afm or wont idle and run crapp! i myself have a forge dump valve, (lovely sound) and they dump the excess air to atmos instead of forcing it back to the turbo stalling the blades Ant!

A Bailey DV26 will do the job perfect.

Baileys make the nicest dump noise from my experience but they dont tend to last that long, also from my experience.

Nice one, ill keep my eye out for a second hand one. But the ones on e-bay seem a good price.

Are they pretty easy to install? I dont need to modify any hose/part of the car do i? As i want to return it to standard before i sell. :confused:

UTs do need a twin piston one to work........ir so they should ;)

mines a freek UT and runs a diaphrame dump valve and its mega loud! unlike the bailey ones and forge ones which sound a little tisssssssssssss, mine makes a great big foook offf PERRRRTISHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH noise. really deep and loud, not tinney and wimp like the twin piston ones sound IMO.

Dunc

UTs do need a twin piston one to work........ir so they should ;)

mines a freek UT and runs a diaphrame dump valve and its mega loud! unlike the bailey ones and forge ones which sound a little tisssssssssssss, mine makes a great big foook offf PERRRRTISHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH noise. really deep and loud, not tinney and wimp like the twin piston ones sound IMO.

Dunc

How did you make yours do that?

my forge makes a great PTISSSHHH!!!! sound, perfect! not wimpy or over the top like my mates cozzy one that sounds like 2 massive cymbals being crashed together! (like out of a brass band) and makes grannies jump off the kerb!! he he, i lent a bailey from a friend just to get me into it, and could of got it very cheap from him, but was recommended to get the forge as they sound great and last, to install the dump valve you need to chop into your large thick inlet hose, to fit the t piece which the valve connects to, i wrapped a piece of tape around the pipe as a marker, then used a junior hacksaw to cut it (it is a thick tough pipe) then cleaned the edges, then you have to remove your existing recirculating valve (on the pipe leading to the turbo) and block the pipe off with the 2 ali bungs provided in the kit, the other blocking off the other end of the pipe you have removed, you get instructions in the kit, very easy takes an hour or so good luck you wont look back!! Ant!

Attachments

• ants pics sony t7 154.jpg
    ants pics sony t7 154.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 37
Hmmm, i think ill get a kit. But get parts to give to the next owner if they wish to return it to standard.

Why ever not! if you drive it easy they dont make a noise, why vent all that pressure back to the turbo when you can blast it into the atmos!! the pipe you need will only cost a few quid, a lenth of 13mm internal diameter pipe is all you need, louie!! i have a spare pipe and std valve if i ever wanted to revert but dont hold your breath!! PERRTISHHHHH!!!!!!!! PAST THE CHAVS! MEN IN BLACK, swigging their bottle of brave on street corners, he he Ant!

I’d rather my sleeper Uno didn’t Pissssssssssssh off each time I change gear when driving harder (every gear change when oil is warm ;)). Have nothing against DVs but don’t think its in keeping with a sleeper.

Was under the impression that the recalculating valve was better for fuel economy and helps the turbo boost back up faster. Could be wrong here.

Any ways, the DV is the least of my worries with the UT.. Need to get that spare engine in. I have 2 or 3 recalculating valves but no pipe work.

As far as DVs go, I had a baily on my MK2, tried the forge one from my MK1 but I prefer the Van Aaken one on Emma's Siecento (y).

**any one got a used one and fitting kit lying around?**

Cash monnies paid

Pm me

look on puntosports, theres a used bailey DV recirc type (I think) going for 35notes posted :D

I was tempted, but my bodywork is more serious matter than fancy engine stuff.

Im having a look now cheers, I really need a t/belt kit. if i get a second hand Dv then i can afford both. (y)

Back