Technical dump valve stays open

Currently reading:
Technical dump valve stays open

Beau,

You have the DV coming off the metal vertical pipe. That means it’s a MK1 pipe as the MK2 one is thinner at the recalculating outlet, which is why people with MK2s cut the L Pipe which hooks into the plenum chamber

Up_pipes_2.jpg

Notice that the lower pipe has a wider outlet on the right than the upper one?

This outlet it has a restrictor (like a hat shape) to make the pipe outlet thinner!

If you fit a DV here, you should cut off this restrictor so the DV gets the full force.

Remove your DV mounting hose and check it’s been done ;)

Beau,

You have the DV coming off the metal vertical pipe. That means it’s a MK1 pipe as the MK2 one is thinner at the recalculating outlet, which is why people with MK2s cut the L Pipe which hooks into the plenum chamber

Up_pipes_2.jpg

Notice that the lower pipe has a wider outlet on the right than the upper one?

This outlet it has a restrictor (like a hat shape) to make the pipe outlet thinner!

If you fit a DV here, you should cut off this restrictor so the DV gets the full force.

Remove your DV mounting hose and check it’s been done ;)
where abouts on the engine bay is this :confused: really confused now :eek:

LOL!!

It's vertical pipe at the front middle of your engine bay, with the DV Jubilee clipped to a little blue hose (upper section of the pipe), whit a hose to the air cooler at the bottom and a hose at the top to the Plenum Chamber (Inlet Manifold) (y)

My picture is on it's side ;)

I had a similar problem with the dump valve not dumping properly..... Now it works fine with my vacuum setup... Add a T junction from the fuel pressure reg..
Give it a go, see what happens?

bay.jpg

On my mk2 its mounted on that center pipe but on top - but it shouldnt matter at which point it is mounted, so is the problem the fact its not making a noise? or the fact the car idles a bit lumpy?
Mine is a lumpy cold idler - and I loves it!! can't beat the noise coming from the cherry bomb exhaust on idle

And you dont have any holes in your high pressure pipes/to or from the intercooler, turbo etc? no air leaks on the vacuum side of things either?
Does sound strange, mines rather a noisy valve even at low revs

Back